Questran User Reviews

Questran - User Reviews

Questran User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Questran sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: vma915, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

I was prescribed this medication for chronic diarrhea associated with having my gall bladder out in july 2009. i now am able to enjoy going out to eat with my family and friends and do not have to worry about the bathrooms being near. i mix it with an orange drink and it takes the chalky taste away and you dont even know you are drinking it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

I used this 6 years after having my gallbladder removed. I thought I had IBS and I couldn't slow down the diarrhea, I was prescribed this and I have my life back. It tastes bad but I can eat lunch and go out to eat w/ my family and not have to worry about a bathroom near. I too take less than the recommended amount but it works.

Comment from: yvette, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

I started taking this medication at the end of August 2008 because of radiation damage to my small intestine which was causing chronic diarrhea since January of 07 so much so that I have had to schedule my life around the location of bathrooms for the past 1 1/2 years. After I had been done with the radiation and chemo treatments for more than a year, my oncologist referred me to a gastorenterologist to find the cause of the problem. I had a colonoscopy done and he found a couple of inflamed areas. So he prescribed Questran and it started working from the very first dose. I will have my cholesterol checked in a couple of weeks so I will find out if it helped in that area as well. I am very pleased with this medicaition except that instead of diarrhea, I now experience a lot of gas.

Comment from: ellie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

i have IBS with dihrrea i was given questran but my doc neglected to inform me that it depliets your body of vitamins d, k, a, e, and most vital minerals, i was suffering from dihrrea, losss of apetite, confusion, bruises, pains in my bones, weakness, and more, this drug has serious side effects, including elevations in your liver enzymes, and pancreas, it causes severe dihrrea, weight loss, and bleeding due to the depletion of vitamin k, if you use this medication look up the serious side effects and take precautions to keep yourself well as can be, i have reported this to the fda

Related Reading: vitamins | bruises

Comment from: keepabuzz, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

Had gallbladder removed 1 1/2 years ago, and until a 2 days ago I had horrible diarrhea if I ate or drank anything. (much like many other stories on here). I travel for my job every week, I kept a roll of toilet paper in my truck, and have had to pull off the side of the interstate and go back into the woods. Had many close calls, and this was drastically impacting my life. My doctor prescribed this medication 3 days ago. It's like magic! it worked first dose. I can actually live normally again!

Comment from: Relieved, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 18

Started taking it after surgery for Chron's, had part of small intestine removed and small portions on ascending and descending colon. Can't miss a dose without frequent flights to the bathroom with diahrea. Taste horrible but it works wonders!

Comment from: New on Meds, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 15

I have just started Questran and so far my stomach feels queasy. I haven't been running to the bathroom though which is very very nice! Only once today but I just started taking it. I am hoping that this is the medicine for me. I have been on so many things and am really left with no hope for a cure for what ever this is. I feel like I have to be close to home all of the time..and like the others always having to scout out the closest bathroom. I hate using public restrooms too!

Comment from: EMANON001, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 19

THIS MEDICATION WORKS FOR ME MOST OF THE TIME, BUT SOME TIMES I WEAR A DEPENDS JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE

Comment from: MeMe, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 14

I suffered with chronic diarrhea for about 15 years after having my gallbladder out and then my doctor prescribed Questran. It literally changes your life no more having to always be near a bathroom and being unable to schedule any event right after eating. The taste isn't all that great but it is well worth it. This medicene gives you freedom to live your life again.

Comment from: ROD, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 12

I was placed on Questran after surgery for Crohn's disease 39 years ago. Still must take it everyday, but worth the trouble.

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.