Qvar User Reviews

Qvar - User Reviews

Qvar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Qvar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 05

i use qvar along with spiriva. when i first went on qvar it took a month for my sleeping to become normal. after that i've had no problems. i was taken off advair cause of allgeric, qvar was the replacement.

Related Reading: spiriva

Comment from: jennifer S, 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 10

This was prescribed to my 5 year old daughter and she began to be moody and disruptive at daycare. I called the doctor and they said to discontinue immediately. I had no idea that this could cause mood swings I would had never given it to her if I had known.

Comment from: BettyinWalla2, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 26

My 38 year old autistic son was switched to Qvar 6 months ago. He began having mild anxiety and now is anxious all the time. Had to switch because insurance wouldn't pay for the medication that worked and didn't cause side effects!! He's being switched to another medication that hopefully won't cause the anxiety.

Comment from: 24 hour Mommy, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 14

My daughter has been taking this medicine for a few days now. Her coughing ahs gotten better, but she has started to get terrible nose bleeds that last from 30 mins to a hour, but other than that she has been okay.

Comment from: jrb1950, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I have been using Qvar for several years, when my insurance company stopped covering Flovent. Most days it works well, but as one other user stated on wet, heavy air days I breathe harder and sometimes to get a cleansing breath in I have to bend over at the waist and breath in; sometimes several times a day. I am thinking of asking if I need another inhaler, but I would rather stay away from the broncodilators; they make me shakey and my heart races. I don't like that feeling.

Related Reading: Flovent

Comment from: ncgrl4_life, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

Ever since I started taking this medicine I can breathe better, and I can do normal activities with my children again.

Comment from: SWhiddon, 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 18

I got broncititus in December of 2006. In Janurary of 2007 I had an asthma atack. I started to Qvar in Janurary and it has help. I got asthma in Janurary because it got below freezing in early morning and early evening when I would wait for my bus to go to work.

Comment from: eyeore, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 02

Qvar is quite effective, but my insurance company does not cover it as it has no generic equivilant. So I pay out $87.00 every month along with $100/month for Singlair.