Rebetol User Reviews

Rebetol - User Reviews

Rebetol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rebetol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MC, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 27

I had no indications of an Illness and asked my Dr to test me for Hep c due to a freinds issues. After getting the notice that I had HEP C Type2, remnants after 30 years, the treatment descriptions terrified me. I used the Rebetol in Combination with Interferon. The Interferon effects were tolerable, the Rebetol mental and other side effects were the worst part. After initial therepy response, I asked my Dr and he had the good sense to lower the Rebetol dose. I am at the end of 24 weeks, Virus free. Regardless of the effectiveness, the Medical industry needs to figure out a way to do a better job of detecting and treating Hep C without the Rebetol due to the terrible side effects. Lets get rid of this silent killer in a better way.

Related Reading: Rebetol

Comment from: reweld, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I used this drug in combination with interferon injections. After 2 months I came down with a severe skin rash. My nurse commented that I looked like I was dipped in Acid. I had to go completly off all medications for a month, just long enough for the rash to scab over. Then the Dr. lowered the dose by half which made it easier to take. It has been 2 years since i finished the combo treatment. No it did not work and I still have flair ups of skin sores and rashes that never seem to heal.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Aries7, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 28

After having several bad colds my PA suggested we test for Hep-C. I had type 2b and did the 6 mo.treatment. Of course I stopped drinking my evening Icehouse. I took the Ribavirin each day and evening, each time I would start itching severely and turn into a bitch in 15 minutes or less. I was working retail at the time! I stayed at work through the whole thing.God and prayer are what got me through it. I took anti-depressants by day and 1 ativan at night. I am still Hep-c negative after 5 years. My brother had type 1a. He is still negative after 4 years. He had horrible sores on his skin and raging depression. He still takes anti-depressants. I think that Provigil should be aproved for people who have undergone Hep-c treatment, right now it is only for people with MS. I have recently gone back on. Sorry to say, I have never regained my vivacious energetic self back,however I am alive and have just learned how to live with the "new me".

Related Reading: itching | ativan | depression

Comment from: janegang, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 18

My uncle started this "experientimental" drug for this disease and 4 days later ended up in the hospital, specilast would not see him for 3 more months. The drug shut all his organs down and we lost him 2 days later.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 06

virus was undetectable after 4 months' but diabeties became much worse and out of control used with peg intron