Rebif User Reviews

Rebif - User Reviews

Rebif User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rebif sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Tigerheart, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 25

I was under possible dx for MS in 2004. Was not given the option for treatment then. Relapsed in October of 09. Chose to start on Rebif. It took me many months to even begin to recover from the relapse, and of course there was some residual symptoms from the MS. I missed an injection here and there in the beginning, but since have done each injection faithfully. I learned to pre med, and do my injections before bed, and didn't seem to have any real problems with side effects. BUT! I began feeling worse and worse all the time. I just felt awful and it seemed like it started in the pit of my stomach and radiated down my legs and my arms. I had a continuous headache that nothing helped to alleviate. I started to feel extremely weak and physically fatigued, which got worse all the time. Lower back pain, balance and coordination got progressively worse. Thought I was having a flare up, went for IV steroids, no real improvement, kept getting weaker. Kept telling doc, she treated me like I was an idiot. Found a new doc, but have only seen him once so far. I understand you shouldn't, but I did my own experiment. Skipped one dose, felt better. Did next dose, felt sick again. Skipped Friday and felt wonderful after a few days!! I have not done an injection since and continue to improve. I haven't felt this good in a long, long time! I will never do Rebif injections again! It was making me worse than my actual MS! I admit my last MRI showed improvement, but if the treatment is worse than the disease, and there is no quality of life on the drug, is it really worth it? How much worse would I have got if I had not experimented on my own? I was scared to death that my MS was getting much worse and more rapidly! Turns out it was Rebif that made me so sick! Glad it works well for others, but definitly not the choice for me! I questioned everytime I did an injection, what I was really putting in my body! How many people get worse due to the treatment and don't even know it? Scarey!

Related Reading: Rebif | headache | Lower back pain

Comment from: mavyn, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 04

Rebif has been the best option of the three meds.(rebif, copaxone, betaseron) that I have tried in the past 5 years since diagnosis. It is the most effective for managing my symptoms- no more balance issues/eyesight has stabilized (gases test show no more glaucoma like issues!), I feel that in general I have more symptom and health stability while taking it REGULARLY and ON SCHEDULE (very important no matter how much it sucks!) I take 22 mcg. not 44 as I was initially prescribed - the 44 was too strong and the 22 seems to be easier on my system and just as effective. I had to insist on sticking with the 22 mcg dose to my Nuero.- He did not initially agree, but has since. Site injections suck; they all do. I have dimples, slight discoloration (not too awful but stick with the areas that only your family will see on your body) no problems at all with using the butt cheeks, much less sting and site reaction. they improve the ph each year and it gets easier after awhile with the auto-injector. The important thing is to get the stuff warm by holding the needle out of the packaging in your hand prior to injecting and use aloe vera gel immediately after- ALSO my husband massages the injection site with a hot washcloth prior to and right after injection- this has helped immensely.

Related Reading: copaxone | betaseron | glaucoma

Comment from: living life, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 05

I was diagnosed December of 2007. I was put on Rebif immidiately and have had no further advances of the disease. Redness at injection site and chills on injection day still continue. Those looking for an answer with the elevated liver tests, it did almost take a year for mine to come down to normal. So hang in there. There are many advances every day for this and I keep a positive attitude and don't let my limitaions get to me. My grandmother had MS and was diagnosed in her 20's and lived a productive healthy life to her 60's before needing to be in a wheel chair, she then still lived on to her 80's. So keep strong and always move forward.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: chele824, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 31

I have liked this treatment far better than Avonex which I began taking immediately after diagnosis. The needle's much smaller, so I don't mind giving myself the injection.

Related Reading: Avonex

Comment from: LifeizGood, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I have been on Rebif since my MS diagnosis in early 2004, but I am going to stop using it now (Jan 2010). It has been a great medicine for me up until late summer 2009, when I started getting MS symptoms. Up until then, I only had minor symptoms such as occasional minor numbness and tingling, so while on Rebif my MS was in control for over 5 years. After the flu-like symptoms when I first started the injections, I have had no problems with the 3X/week injections. I use the Rebiject, but on occasion have done the manual shot. I have had NO problems with injection site reactions. I warm the syringe up to room temp, and rotate between right and left leg, butt, and belly. (Can't bring myself to do the arms.) I rub the skin after the injection to make the medicine spread/absorb, and to lessen any sting. The pain is not bad. Sometimes it feels a little hot when you inject the med, nothing too bad. I find the abdomen and butt locations hurt least. But again, the pain is quite minor if any. I was not thrilled when I was told I needed to self inject, but once you get used to it IT IS NO BIG DEAL. The benefit of the medication far outweighs any distaste for the delivery mechanism! I keep track of my injection locations on my kitchen calendar. So, if your dr. recommends rebif, be assured it is not bad. I am about to go on copaxone, since my MRI's are showing new lesions, and my balance/walking has deteriorated significantly over the past few months. For some reason the interferon is no longer working for me. But it was great while it did!

Related Reading: flu