Rebif User Reviews

Rebif - User Reviews

Rebif User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rebif sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: easterlawn, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 16

I have been on Rebif for 3 years now and, when I think of the alternative, I think it has been totally worth it. I do get site reactions from time to time but they have gotten better over the years. I take all three syringes out of the fridge at the beginning of the week so they are always at the right temperature. I use the auto injector (great invention!) and I find that if I remove the syringe cap and express the air bubble, replace the cap and then put in the injector and ADJUST the depth according to the fattiness of the site, I have better results. My arms are very slim to I inject on a 2. My hip and stomach has more fat so I use a 3. I also have a hydrocortisone cream prescription that I use if I see some redness and itching at the site and it helps tremendously as does rubbing the spot thoroughly immediately after injecting. I take the shots at night and usually sleep through the flu-like symptoms. I am tired the next day but I have that anyway with the MS so I can't say for sure that the Rebif is the prime culprit. I have been paralyzed and unable to do anything for myself before and, now, I work as a first grade teacher every day and take care of my family all under my own steam. Anything I can do to keep that going is absolutely worth it!

Related Reading: hydrocortisone | itching | sleep

Comment from: Hope, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 31

I am a nurse and still I hate the injection of a needle into my body. Rebif, doesn't create the same site discomforts that I received with Copaxone or the side effects. I wish and pray for a cure for all MS. I hate that it's in my life.Some times I cry when I see the box in my refirgerator, then I remember Annette Funcacella, and the mom of the writer of Harry Potter novels and I thank God again and take my injection. It's not easy but I know that those ladies and so many other like them would've loved to have had Rebif, Avonex and Copaxone. I just want a cure. I'd like to run free again. I'd like not to get too hot in the summer months and have those symptoms. I pray that that day will come and come soon.

Comment from: Trish, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 17

I have found that using this drug for about 1 year that it has damaged my immune system to where I find myself always getting sick.My DR. says that it isnt the MS but the rebif. So now I am at the point to where I have to decide whether its worth it. I find it difficult to hold down a job when I am always coming down with something. And that didnt even happen when the MS was at its worst for me.So my advice to those thinking about using it be careful and keep a journal loggging anything different with your overall health.

Comment from: praying4aCure, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 11

I was dx in May of 2009, and Rebif was suggested as a good choice. For the most part, I don't mind, other than sometimes disliking 3x/week injections - but if it is going to help me, it's worth it. I started with the titration pack, and after being at 44mcg for about a month, the flu like symptoms really decreased. EXCEPTION being that if I get a vaccine of any kind, and have Rebif that night, I'll throw a high fever. I have managed to wean myself completely off of taking any painkillers after my shots, as Rebif is bad for the liver, and so are painkillers. The nurses check in with me every month or so, and seemed glad to hear that I am able to do so. Unfortunately, despite what they seem to believe, there is no end to the injection site reactions. I use the autoinjector, which definitely helps (the two times I had to do without was horrible!), but that is a personal choice... some find it to be the opposite. Although they suggest using all sites, my legs react too much, and I have small arms, so I have stuck with the abdominal area. Regardless of their suggestions, there is always a red area which lasts from one to two weeks. My largest concern now is the effect on the liver. My blood tests at 3 months showed elevated AST and ALT readings, although the hospital didn't seem concerned. I am trying to eat healthier and take reasonable supplements in hopes it prevents damage, but it terrifies me that the same medicine I may need to function may indeed destroy me!

Related Reading: fever

Comment from: 81l496, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 03

I have been on Rebif for 3 years with either no or very mild flair ups. It sure has helped me and I recommend it. One thing though is that it stings when injected it has a ph of 3.8

Comment from: bluedesert, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 25

I was diagnosed in Aug 2005 because of a problem with my optic nerve that lasted only 2 weeks. My dr started me on Rebif right away and I have not had any relapses. However, since being on the Rebif for 4 years, my Thyroid is all messed up and I have to take daily meds. These meds have completely messed up my menstral cycle and I go for months without a period. My blood count is low and am now anemic. My hair is also falling out and I had extreme lower back pain and stiffness. So against my dr's orders, I stopped taking the shots 3 weeks ago. Already, I feel better and my mind seems clearer. My back pain is easing up and I have more energy. I can't wait to see how I feel after 6 weeks without the shots. Good luck to everyone who is on it, I know everyone has a different experience.

Multiple Sclerosis