Rebif User Reviews

Rebif - User Reviews

Rebif User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rebif sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Shmoecc, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I have been on Rebif since December 2006. I have been using the auto injector for aabout a year and a half and have had injection site reactions, and flu like symptoms every time. However, I have recently stopped using the injector pen and have found it SO MUCH BETTER! I think controlling the rate at which the meds enter in the skin makes a difference to the pain of the injection.It is virtually pain free injections now. I take two advils in the middle of the night when I wake up fluey, and then I'm fine from then on. Don't have any other other "side-effects" than that, and I am very appreciative. All in in all, I think it was a fairly easy drug to deal with. Don't let the needles bother you, you WILL get past your initial unease about that. It does get better. It is worth it.

Comment from: village_witch, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I have taken Rebif since January 2007. Of all the MS medicines I have taken, I've had few side effects with Rebif and certainly few relapses (less than 1 per year verses 1 every 3 to 4 months.)

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

I have used rebif for three weeks now. I still have slight head aches, but have found that pre medication helps greatly. So far I have not had a flar up since I started treatment. My motor skils in my right hand seemed to have inproved. I can once again shave and brush my teeth without having to use two hands. I still get tired easily and can not take heat well. Over all I feel very positive about my treatment.

Comment from: MayorMcCheese, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 15

Started on Avonex, now on Rebif. No flu-like symptoms for me. Site reactions every injection, splotchy red spots. Auto injector is great.

Comment from: Abimona, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

I have been on rebif, since september of this year (2008). Upon trying the autoinjector, I found it to be easy and stuck to using this method. Given that I started with the titration package, the dosage was smaller and probably easier to use/ inject an "ingest". Over the short period using it, the last month seemed a little painful after injecting. Besides this, my hair started coming out when combed and now my scalp is extremely sensitive to te point that it hurts to even touch and bleeds when my index finger is on the scalp. I decided to decrease my 3X weekly dosage to 2Xs and my last injection- I can't be sure, but it resulted in a severe reaction that occured during sleep. I was buring up- my temperature felt like over 200 degrees and even worse my jaw was locked, my fingers became clamped and I began shivering like crazy. Again, I can't be sure if it's the Rebif medication, but this is the only new medication I've been taking and if this is the case, I am not- CAN NOT go back on it.

Published: September 18

My body produced antibodies against the medicine and became imune to it

Comment from: Loz18, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 24

I rarely get the flu-like symptoms that are supposedly so common with Rebif. Every now and then I'll get a low fever, headache and chills, but it passes quickly and it's no big deal. I use a Rebiject II auto injector, and it's pretty easy. Once you get used to it, you can do it in less than 5 minutes. My biggest problem with Rebif has been the injection site reactions. I used to get huge red welts every time I injected, but it's starting to decrease a little now, after 9 months on it. I've tried every remedy the MS Lifelines nurses recommended, but what's worked best for me is to apply raw, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar to my injection sites once or twice a day. Sounds crazy, but I see a noticeable improvement since I started the vinegar. As far as how the Rebif is performing for me, my 6-month MRI showed fewer lesions and I've had no major exacerbations in the past year. I wish the Rebif could lessen my everyday MS symptoms, but I guess they haven't invented a drug that can do that yet. For now I'm just happy to slow the progression of the disease and not get any exacerbations. Before the Rebif, I had 2 major exacerbations in one year. Hang in there! Stay positive! Best of luck to you.

Multiple Sclerosis