Reclast User Reviews

Reclast - User Reviews

Reclast User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Reclast sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kathy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I have been unable to take any of the osteoporosus drugs for the past several years. Reclast is working for me both as an easier application, once a year, and better health. One thing I have noticed is that my fingernails no longer break and are becoming hard. The same with my toenails. I took Reclast 2 months ago and so far so good. My veins are very tiny and hard to find so I take the IV in the chemo room at my local doctors clinic. Not bad at all. I also seem to have more energy. Perhaps it's a release from anxiety that I'm not going to become a hunched over old lady.

Related Reading: Reclast | anxiety

Comment from: flowers, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 26

Haven't really been able to see if the injection works. I just got a shot in Feb. I am having stomach problems and still not sure what is causing it. I am very carefull what I take because of stomach side effect.

Comment from: snowcrab, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 16

I was an active 54 year old female that took the Reclast IV 4 months ago and in 4 months my life has changed dramatically. The first night I took it I was in so much pain that nothing helped me. I ran a fever of over 102 for one week. I needed help to walk and to move. My family physician called in two types of pain pills to no avail. Again, nothing helped me. Most of my bones felt as though they were broken. I was not told of these severe reactions that were possible. Even my family physician was shocked that I was so ill. One month later I took one antibiotic pill, the same type that I had used only three months prior to the Reclast injection. One hour after taking the antibiotic pill, I went into anaphylactic shock and almost died. At the hospital, we were told that if we had waited 10 minutes longer, I wouldn't have made it! Now, I have to carry an EpiPen because I am allergic to a whole family of that type of antibiotic. After lots of research of the internet about Reclast I found that this is one of the Reclast side effects. It has been four months since the injection and I feel worse that I ever did. I have trouble walking for any length of time and most of the time I am short of breath and my heart races. These are some of the other side effects I learned about later. I have also read the side effects that cause possible jaw rot.I am worried all the time of what side effect that may come next. I'm even afraid of getting my annual flu shot due to a possible reaction. My family has seen a dramatic change in my deteriorating health. I have lost so much energy since I've had the injection. Maybe women should age gracefully and not be used as experiments for new medicines. Ladies, please research all medicines before trusting the doctors.

Related Reading: fever | shock | EpiPen

Comment from: Faith, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

I had the infusion in Dec,09 and have been suffering from severe bone and joint pain and muscle weakness ever since. My life is not the same since taking this horrible drug. I was told after the fact that this drug could cause side effects that could last from 3 months to 1 year. Nothing seems to relieve the pain. Ther pain seems to move but the worst is in the neck area upper arms, back & leg weakness. I'd like to hear from someone who has had an adverse reaction to this drug and hear if anything helped relieve their pain. I have spoken to the drug company and have received confirmation from them and the doctor that these symptoms are definitely a reaction and has been reported by others as well. Once this is in your body you can't get it out and they don't seem to have any answers. They should be more open with this info before you take this infusion. It's like a poison in your body. I can't imagine osteo pain being any worse that what I'm experiencing right now. I went from exercising 4 to 5 times a week and walking 4 to 5 miles to not being able to get thru 1 mile without incredible pain. I'm extremely tired all the time and everything seems like such an effort to do. The drug company and the doctors who administer this HORRIBLE drug are not up front with the patients about how it can affect you if you have an adverse reaction. They only want you to believe that the only reaction is 2 or 3 days of flu like symptoms. They also will try & convince you that it is not the drug causing you all this pain but that it is a flare up of your pre-existing arthritic conditon. It's amazing I have never had a flare up that lasted 24 hours a day every day for 3 months.More of us need to speak out and tell what the doctors won't tell you about this drug.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: Ruth, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 01

I received my first Reclast infusion in November of 2007. I had previously used the oral drugs, but experienced severe digestive side effects and my doctor recommended I try the infusion. The day of the Reclast infusion I drank several glasses of water beforehand, and more during the day. I had flu-like symptoms that day, but by the second and third day I had only a mild headache. In June, seven months later, I had my annual bone density test. My hip had improved 7.6% and my spine 18.9%. I realize that all drugs have side effects and have the potential to be damaging, but brittle and crumbling bones also have side effects and can be damaging to ones way of life. Perhaps at some point in the future I will regret having the infusion, but today I made an appointment for my second infusion. It's hard to argue with the improvement I experienced.

Related Reading: headache

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.