Reclast User Reviews

Reclast - User Reviews

Reclast User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Reclast sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mamaR, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 28

I had my injection of reclast on Wednesday this week. While I was receiving the i.v., I was experiencing an icy cold sensation in my arm, asked if they thought we should stop, and the nurse said it was just positional from keeping my arm still. It's been over four days, and that arm hasn't stopped tingling! Within one hour of the i.v. I had a terrible headache in the back of my head. Shortly after that I started to get a fever, chills, nausea, bone and muscle pain, and confusion. Even my eyes hurt! By midnight I awoke with vomiting and a fever of 103.5! My husband rushed me to the E.R. where I was given Demerol for the pain and fever, Zofran for the vomiting, an i.v. bag of fluids, and sent home with a prescription for more demerol and some steroids to take for a week! It is now Saturday night, I still have a fever of 100 to 101 degrees, muscle and joint pain, while taking all the meds I'm required to take! If I miss a dose of tylenol, I start to get worse! This was the worst drug reaction I've had since Levaquin! If you have allergies, please don't take this drug! I feel as though I have been used as a guinea pig by my doctor for a drug that didn't go through enough testing! I'd love my doctor to pay me back the fee for my emergency room visit since he could have sent me home with two prescriptions that cost under ten dollars, in case I had a reaction! As an adult over 50, I know darned well that the fever of 103.5 degrees was very dangerous. I urge anyone considering this drug to look for something else to take for bone loss.

Related Reading: muscle pain | Demerol | Zofran

Comment from: mary doe, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: February 14

My 65y/o mother had her first infusion last March, and it has been a nightmare ever since. She began with weakness, pain, jaw pain, and fatigue. In October, she started with swelling in her eyes, face, and hands and feet. She has been to several doctors, including 5 specialists at Mayo. Everyone admits that there is something wrong, but it is not their department. Of course, nobody will admit it is from this drug. This drug is nasty and should have never been put on the market. She is suffering everyday and had to take a leave from her job in November.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: JanPhillips, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 12

My mother was prescribed and given the Reclast infusion for osteoporosis on May 22, 2008. She passed away on July 7, 2008 due to complications that arose as a result of having been given prescribed this very toxic medication. According to the Reclast website this medication was not tested on patients with kidney disfunction and was simply not "recommended". With so few cautions and not much testing this drug is definately not safe and should not be taken. The Zometa, the same drug with a different name, website has far more information and regarding this drug and uses strong cautions frequently throughout their website. If you feel that you must still consider Reclast as an option in your own healthcare, please take the time to read the Zometa website information closely. My mother lost her life due to the medical communities lack of knowledge surrounding this drug.

Related Reading: osteoporosis | Zometa

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 25

My mother who is 59 got this treatment on a monday morning, by 7pm that night she could not walk, get out of bed by herself. She had a fever, and was shaking all over..she was told she "may" have flu like symptoms... Today is Wed. and she still is in pain. she's able to walk a little but only after taking 800mg of Advil.. she will not be getting this again.

Comment from: Melissa, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

I am a 42-year-old woman who was diagnosed with osteoporosis at the age of 40. I recently was prescribed Reclast because taking oral Fosamax caused very bad heartburn. I received Reclast yesterday and suffered no side effects except for feeling tired. I am very healthy outside of having osteoporosis and I think this drug will work well for people who do not have chronic illness.

Related Reading: Fosamax | heartburn

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 15

I am very angry that the Dr.'s gave this medication to my grandmother. It is slowly killing her. It's been 1 week since she received the meds and has had every symptom listed, nausea, vomting, high fever, chills, muscle weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath, extreme weakness and extreme loss of energy, upper respiratory problems. She sounds like she's developing pnuemonia. Every time she gets up she gets worse. This is absurd. A patient pays $3000 for something that inevitably worsens their overall health. Stop using people as guinea pigs. If you have side effects please call the drug company and inform them, because my grandmother called and apparently was informed that they are uncertain of the side effects and still surveying patients. Why would you want to submit your patients to an experimental drug?!

Related Reading: dizziness

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.