Reclast User Reviews

Reclast - User Reviews

Reclast User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Reclast sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: scarletttw, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 27

Wanted to provide another update: My situation briefly is: Due to gastro issues I am not able to take the oral medications. I have to admit, I read many of the comments and it scared me to death some of the negative comments. Well, I had my treatment 2 months ago and never have I had any of the problems except for the first night with the major flu symptoms. As someone who almost decided to cancel due to some of the comments, I decided to provide another update. I feel for the folks having issues that may or may not be related to this infusion, however for me. still no problems. There is hope for everyone with this treatment.

Comment from: Maddie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 06

The first night after receiving my injection I had a fever of 103, vomiting, diarrhea and a three day headache. It has been a month since the IV and for the last three weeks, I feel like someone has punched me in the jaw. I would never again use this medicine.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: anti-scooter, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 05

I had an injection of Reclast in March. It was very quick and easy. I have experienced no side effects. My doctor says it is working for me by making my bones stronger. I would definately have the IV again. Once a year is so much easier than having to do an injection daily.

Comment from: Foozie54, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

My Dr. did not prepare me in advance for an infusion of Reclast. Due to Intestinal issues and an ulcer I was unable to take other Rx's by mouth. I was sent to an infusion center to receive the drug and given 2-Tylenol and a Benedryl before the infusion as the nurse said it can cause flu-like symptoms. I was well hydrated before and during the first 12 hrs. I was not presented with any of the side effects until I departed. I was a little fatigued which I thought was the Benedryl. I went to bed and was awakened at 3:00 AM with severe, severe joint, bone and muscle pain, and a fever. I live alone and could make it to the bathroom and was able to get water down. I took Darvocet for the pain and it couldn't begin to take the edge off the pain. 3'd day still fever, but now vomiting and diarrhea along with the pain that was lessening somewhat. Today is the 4th day, I am still not able to work and now have tingling and numbness in my feet and arms and my jaw is locking while trying to get some toast down. I pray that the effects will subside soon. I should have done better research before agreeing to this poison being infused to my already battered body.

Related Reading: Tylenol

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 06

I would not tell anyone to have this done. I had it done on wed. it now is sat. and my right hand aches. That night I could not get warm. My bones ached like the flu only 5 times worse. No body told me to drink water before the treatment.Had trouble with eyes,now I am coughing. I have a bad oder coming from my skin. I will not take it again.

Comment from: DTallent69, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

I was scared to death to take this drug after reading all the reviews. But, like is human nature in so many areas, I've concluded that the vast majority of posters are the ones it hasn't worked for. In other words, if everything is OK, no one bothers to complain or post. If there's a problem, they come out of the woodwork. I just wanted to say this drug had absolutely no side effects for me, and won't for 99% of those who take it. You may see a few bad reviews here of those who have had side effects, but you won't see many reviews of the thousands like me who had no ill effects.

Comment from: J.W. in Ohio, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

It was a horrible experience. I had so much bone pain, jaw pain the first two weeks. The first twenty-four hours after taking the drug, my chest hurt so bad, I thought I was having a heart attack and was going to die. I could not lied down. No one warned me. I basically got blown off at the doctor's office. It took someone eight days to contact me. I did not want to go to the emergency; I wanted to be home when I died. I actually thought this is it. I may sue someone over this. Anyone know a lawyer who handles these cases? J.W. in Ohio

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: Annie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

I am 53 years old and was told that the side effects of this medication were some muscle and bone pain. If I had known then what I know now there is no way I would have ever taken this medication. It feels as though every bone in my body has been fractured. I am at risk of loosing a job that I love because I have been out for so many days. I wasn't told about drinking water before or after and I probably thought what many of you did. If a drug company can put out a medication that causes this much harm I would have had to sign my life away to be able to receive it. I have had more warning for ibuprophin than with this medication. I regretfully think now that had I stayed with the once every three months medication it would have taken four hours out of my year as opposed to the 3 weeks this med has already taken and it is not over yet. Please consider this when trying to make the decision to receive this treatment.

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.