Reglan User Reviews

Reglan - User Reviews

Reglan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Reglan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: arycher, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: December 16

DO NOT take this medicine!! I watched this medicine slowly take my mother away from me. She was on it for 7 months and only off of it for 2 weeks until she finally commited suicide. Yes, she killed herself from this medicine. This medication NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OFF OF THE MARKET!! She had anxiety, depression, confusion, muscle ticks, suicidal thoughts, no appetite, constant diarrhea and lost down to 91 lbs. She shot herself in the head with a handgun on 11-25-08. I hope no one out there loses a mother (grandmother, father, friend, etc...) Please warn everyone that this medication has rare side effects that aren't so RARE afterall! I tried to help mom with dr visit after phone call after lab work after doctor visit and it was just too much for her to handle. I don't have a mom anymore and it's a horrible pain I hope I can spare for someone.

Related Reading: suicide | anxiety | depression

Comment from: donwho, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

During 3 months of stomach disorder, with a number of tests and treatments (Rx & OTC), the doctor order Reglan; 3/4 weeks later my appetite improved and was able to eat most everything (happy days are here again); THEN, my world turned upside down--- anxiety level went over the top, deep depression set in, loss of weight, Parkinson's like trembling, writing was difficult at times, and most scary: violent thoughts and dreams occurred (dreams were very active, arms and legs in motion, fell out of bed, had to remake the bed in the morning, and wife moved to second bedroom); back to my PCP---further evaluation recommended that I see a psychiatrist; after 22 months treatment, including medications, I am on the road to recovery; albeit, I still have many of the side effects, but less severe---was taking Reglan worth it, tough question---answer is yes and no---yes, because it solved my stomach problem and no, because of the continued side effects---only time will tell--- would I take it again---NO!

Related Reading: Reglan

Comment from: schultzam, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

I had Parkinsen like symptoms and seizures. It go to the point of where i had to go to the hospital so that they could give me some different medication for it. I found out that i was allergic to the medication. i was only on this medication for a couple of days and i started to get these symptoms.

Comment from: Cowboybob, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

I was given this for acid reflux. I was on this medication for over 6 months and started having restlessness, insomnia, tremors, etc. My Dr didn't connect it to the Reglan. He put me on sleeping pills and xanax.Then I started thinking about suicide, I thought I was going crazy. Then 1 evening I started shaking uncontrollably and went to the emergency room. I was diagnosed as having reaction/side effects to Reglan that had been ongoing and undiagnosed the entire time I took it. The next day I started having terrible anxiety attacks and severe depression. That was 19 years ago and I have never been the same do to chronic depression and anxiety. I hope to God no one ever has to go through what I have. My life was ruined and I was too sick to file any lawsuit within the required time frame in my state.

Related Reading: insomnia | tremors | xanax

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

I agree that this drug should not be given to children, however I don't think that it should be given to ANYONE. I was given this to treat esophaghitis. I took ONE PILL and within a couple hours began to have involuntary muscle movements. I could not control my jaw, head, neck, arm, etc. It was one of the scariest things I have ever done. Thanks to the pamphlets that they now give you at the pharmecy with your prescription, I knew immediately that it was the Reglan causing my symptoms. But they took over a day to wear off. I would have rather just dealt with the esophaghitis than taken this drug. I spoke with a friend the next day that is an RN, and she couldn't believe that they prescribed this for me. She said that it is one of the worst drugs as far as severe side effects go. She said that MOST people have some adverse reaction to it, and that most of those are severe. NO ONE SHOULD TAKE THIS DRUG! The FDA should remove it from use!!

Comment from: barbpier, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 27

My husband of 46 years was put on Reglan generic for acid reflux. Had some physical side effects ut he WORSE was the depression that he did not understand and no one in our family did either. After being on this HORRID drug for 5 months he committed suicide. This drug needs to be totally remved from the market. Nothing will help me now but it might save someone else's love one. After his passing I met another lady whose husband was on the same medicine and also took his life. I did report it to the FDA by filling in the online report.

GI Disorders