Reglan User Reviews

Reglan - User Reviews

Reglan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Reglan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 14

I have been taking Reglan for several years. I have been placed on anti-anxiety Rx and anti-depressants in those years. I am now experiencing tongue pain due to it's constant movement, my mouth and lips are dry, am constantly thirsty due to dry mouth and chapped lips. I also make facial grimaces with my mouth. I stopped Reglan Nov. 2010 but I haven't gotten any relief. I was never told by all my doctors to take it no more than 12 wks. Nor did I ever have any warning by the pharmacist or written warning on the bottles.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: JennKay85, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I have been on Reglan for a month for acid reflux. A week ago, I started noticing severe mood changes, anxiety, depression, complete loss of interest in doing the most mundane things. Over the weekend, I became extrememly nautious constantly, as well as restless and have had diarehha. I called my doctor and they said to stop taking Reglan as it is a "spooky" drug and can cause these things. I am so glad I have pinpointed the problem but I am hoping the effects are not lasting. I feel like I'm going crazy! I can't eat and feel sick constantly. It has affected my work and my life.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 09

I was prescribed Reglan for nauseau and fullness in my stomach caused by a history of Acid Reflux. The Reglan worked quick and good for those symptoms. HOWEVER...like many other people I've read about, after about 1 month on the reglan, I began to notice depression, anxiety, etc. which I had never experienced and have no history of depression in my family. At first I blamed it on pre-menapause(48 and beginning the typical changes). Dr. checked the hormones, all was normal. Another two months went by and the depression was beginning to really affect my job and life. I realized after reading the reglan insert that came from the pharmacy that depression and severe mood swings was a side affect. Immediately stopped the reglan which through my into severe withdrawals, nauseau and diarhea for over 7 days could not eat, depression became dibilitating, went on disability, could not work or function. This was about a month ago, am on Remeron for the depression and am now feeling better and even normal most of the time. Hope this helps, hang in there, DO NOT give up. This medication has very bad side affects for many people. Had the exact same affect on my aunt 8 years ago. She says it took her 4 months to eat right again and 6 months on xanax to get back to normal. I am hoping to wean off the Remeron in 4 to 6 months and also hoping that the depression never returns (as it happened with my aunt)Hope this helps you all. Thank you all for your comments, it really helped to know that other people experienced the same and most have recovered fully. God Bless.

Related Reading: Remeron

Comment from: Buzzy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 22

As someone who has gotten over the effects of this medicine, I thought I'd share my experience with those of you who are suffering. I was prescribed Reglan by a pulmonary specialist for a chronic cough, 10mg 3 times a day before meals, 2 more at bedtime. I followed this regimen for 7 months until the side effects caught up with me. I was depressed, anxious, had suicidal thoughts (even though I would never act on them), lethargic, was even pacing. Normally, I'm a laid back, carefree person, so this drug really zapped me. I felt hopeless, didn't find joy in the things I used to enjoy, even something as simple as running an errand was a MAJOR challenge. My regular doctor, after a few visits, referred me to a gastroenterologist, who told me to stop the Reglan IMMEDIATELY, and said that he would never have recommended such a high dose, let alone taking it any longer than 12 weeks. He gave me Aciphex for a few months for the GERD problem that caused my cough (no problems). He performed an upper endoscopy on me a week later to make sure things were okay, and they were, then I went back to my regular doctor who prescribed Zoloft (50mg) to me which I took each morning. My side effects with Zoloft were lack of sexual drive, and insomnia (for which I took 5 mg Ambien each night). It seemed endless. I would go to work, and just be miserable. It took me just short of 3 months to get over the effects of the Reglan, and I finally started to feel like myself again. I tapered off the Zoloft by cutting the pill in half, taking 25mg once a day for more weeks, then stopped altogether. To give a timeframe, I stopped taking the Reglan on 02/21/08, cut the Zoloft from 50mg to 25mg on 05/15/08, then stopped the Zoloft completely on 06/06/08. I hope this helps someone, if you're trying to get over the side effects of Reglan - hang in there, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. It just takes time, which unfortunately just crawls when you're trying to get over this terrible drug.

Related Reading: cough | Aciphex | Zoloft

Comment from: ripabola, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: September 30

Taken as directed it made me very sleepy and zombie like. When I lowed the dosage it worked fine.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

I am experiencing sever Parkenson symptoms with this med. I was on for 4 weeks, I have tremors,twitches,headache,insomnia. I have been off med. for about a week with no releif of my symptoms. Doc says it can take several weeks. I am going for a mri of brain.

Related Reading: headache