Reglan User Reviews

Reglan - User Reviews

Reglan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Reglan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: betsyg44, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

I was diagnosed with gastroparesis in Feb. 08 and prescribed Reglan. I was amazed at how quickly it worked and how it treated all of my severe GERD conditions as well as the bloating after meals. Within a few months I was calling my OB/GYN pleading with them to increase my estrogen because I blamed all of the symptoms I was experiencing on menopause (I am 49)I was incredibly depressed, anxious, and prone to crying outbursts. Generally I felt hopeless and unable to concentrate or function. My daughter was getting married and I couldn't enjoy any of the planning. In short, I no longer knew who I was. Finally I called my sister who is an OB/GYN nurse and described my symptoms.Immediately she said it was the Reglan which she knew I was on. She had witnessed first had the horrific side effects when pregnant patients with serious nausea were give the drug. She told me she had hoped I wouldn't suffer any of the side effects. I called my GI who acted as if I was a little bit dramatic in my report of my symptoms. She also said she had never had any patients with these side effects. It told her that is only because they had never made the connection between the symptoms and the drug. Who would? I am thankful for my sister's recognition and have been off the drug since early July. By my daughter's wedding in early August I had improved but it took at least another two months to be completely back to my normal self. Like many others I believe this drug should be banned.

Related Reading: gastroparesis | menopause

Comment from: tom25may00@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 11

I have been taking reglan for acid reflux for over a year. It was prescribegd by my primary physician and then by my GI specialist. I began to have severe depression, anxiety, teeth clenching and trembling. My doctor prescribed Zoloft and Xnax which I took with the Reglan. I was totally out of it for weeks and could not get off the couch or even talk. I looked up reglan on the internet and was shocked at the adverse side effects. It was 100% what I was experiencing. I called both Doctors who told me to immediatley stop taking Reglan. I am having severe withdrawal systoms and am still not able to function at a normal level after 4 weeks of being off the reglan. This drug is dangerous and I am not at all happy with the two doctors who prescribed it for use over a long period of time. Please report to the FDA, I have e-mailed them and called to be sure my report is on file. Something needs to be done to take this drug off the market asap.

Comment from: steff, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 16

My husband took Reglan in 2000 for 1-2 days and it ruined his/our lives for several years, YEARS! It took @ 5 years to get to a place of anywhere even near "normalcy". It has now been over 10 years and he has never been completely the same; still has milder effects left over from the damage done. But, thank God he has at least gotten to this point. The doc also added Paxil with it (to "calm down" his stomach area, as he said!). Unbelievable effects, tardive dyskenesia, suicidal thoughts, inability to function in his normal job (as an airplane pilot). As someone else said, we felt the same, just too tired and sick and dealing with the effects to be able to file a lawsuit. The doc should have been sued too, for mixing these medications. The most horrible long-term experience we've ever been through in now 37+ years of marriage. I absolutely believe this medication should be taken off the market for everyone.

Related Reading: Paxil

Comment from: Jewels, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 24

I was on this drug for slow stomach emptying problems along with acid reflux.( for 6 weeks )It was a tremendous help for the reflux and cured my gastroperisis. The doctor took me off but then my reflux has returned and nothing more has helped. I will be having surgery in September to fix the reflux, but have been on the Reglan for 3 weeks again. It's helping the reflux about 80% but I am started to notice some jaw clenching and some jittery hands.Also my depression is getting worse. I was thinking of taking myself off the Reglan. I have 3 weeks left until surgery so I am not looking forward to feeling sick and the severe heartburn I will be getting without it. But the reviews and some of the experiences I am beginning to have are starting to scare me. Not so sure this is such a good drug, because of its side effects.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: Bryan, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 27

I'll never take this drug again! I took this medicine for four weeks...only because I was told that I would eventually adjust to it. I never adjusted. I spent four weeks battling tiredness and felt like a zombie. In the fourth week...I suddenly experienced depression, anxiety, restlessness and feeling like I'm 80. I've been off the drug for a week and although I'm less tired...the anxiety has worsened. What an awful experience this has been. I'm only relieved to find that others have gone through this and I'm not going out of my mind.

Comment from: sky, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 26

TOOK THIS MED. FOR 7 YEARS,WORKED GOOD FOR ACID REFLUX.BUT THE SIDE AFFECTS WERE TERRIBLE.STARTED WITH TWITCHING IN MY FINGERS.SO I STOPPED TAKING IT.DO NOT TAKE FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME,BUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN TAKING IT GET OFF OF IT SLOWLY I HAD SUCH BAD WITHDRAWLS I THOUGHT I WAS DYING.ALSO WHILE TAKING IT IF I MISSED A DOSE I HAD WITHDRAWLS BUT AT THE TIME DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEMS.I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE.MY FAMILY DR. LEFT ME ON THIS MED.BUT MY STOMACHE SPECIALIST SAID HE WOULD NEVER LEAVE ANYONE ON IT THIS LONG.I HAVE A HIATAL HERNIA WHICH WAS REPAIRED 8 YRS AGO BUT NO HELP WITH ACID REFLUX.NOW TAKE 80 MGS OF PROTONIX BUT ITS NOT HELPING MUCH.LOSING Weight HASNT HELPED EITHER.DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO UNLESS I STOP EATING.

Related Reading: HIATAL HERNIA | PROTONIX