Reglan User Reviews

Reglan - User Reviews

Reglan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Reglan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gerdy, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 07

I have read with interest the comments from so many posters who say they have had a nightmarish experience with this medicine. I want to thank you for your honest posts. It was after I read these posts that I realized I am going through the same symptoms from this medicine: anxiety, near panic attacks, depression, confusion, just to name a few. My medical provider and I have been trying to adjust my other GERD medicine, synthroid, and Lexapro for a year without a thought that it could be the Reglan. Those of you who have made it through this, how long did it take for these side effects to subside? Is there hope for me down the road?

Related Reading: panic attacks | synthroid | Lexapro

Comment from: Merc9496, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 16

I would not take this medication ever again. It left me with muscle twitching and became very depressed. Took about a month to get back to normal. I still have muscle twitching but to a minimum.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 16

Took for 9yrs I was never told it was suppose to be short term. Told doctor about hand tremors but he said nothing. Became very agitated and short tempered. When tremors became worse doctor said it was probably because of medicine. I then read it was suppose to be for short term use. When I mentioned this to doctor, he stated they all say that. I immediately stopped medicine and developed dry mouth and tongue ticks. Fortunately, all symptoms are lessening. Do not take this medicine the advantages don't out weight the side effects.

Related Reading: ticks

Comment from: Randy169, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 06

Has caused me to have very uncontrolled repetitive movement in my feet and also ticks and movement of my body as if I can not find a comfortable position when I am trying to go to sleep. I try a multitude of small or mini-movements for various parts of mey body until all feel as though they are all in a position that I can relax. I do not recommend this drug (obviouly no one else does either since there are numerous law suits against it).

Comment from: sadie8757, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 24

i HAVE BEEN ON THE medication for 15 months and it effectively controlled my reflux however I have begun to have severe depression and anxiety. I am a nurse and have never had these symptoms prior to this. I tried to wean myself off the drug but the anxiety and depression got worse.I am truly scared as it is affecting my daily life severely.

Comment from: JerseyGirl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 18

This medication was prescribed for our 18 month old for Reflux. As soon as she started the Reglan, she went from being vibrant and happy to sullen and exhausted. She stopped eating, became afraid of every little noise, was so tired all the time she could barely function, cried easily, constantly complained of itching, didn't want anything against her skin (wouldn't put clothes on), had dark circles under her eyes, lost the color in her face, had horrible dreams that woke her up screaming several times a night, developed a fear of falling(we think she was dizzy), blinked her eyes constantly, lost interest in all toys and activities, all within one week of being on the medication. She is no longer on it and has returned to her vibrant, happy, playful self.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: georgie, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 29

This drug caused me to feel VERY depressed and hopeless. I had to stop taking this med. It did help empty my stomach, but it was not worth the side effect.

GI Disorders