Relenza User Reviews

Relenza - User Reviews

Relenza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Relenza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: February 25

I couldn't believe the difference just 36 hours made after starting this medication. I was down in bed the day before yesterday with severe pain in my bones and also fever and chills. This particular flu hit me like a ton of bricks. (Yes, I had a flu shot this season) I got the OTHER flu. Tonight I am up cleaning the kitchen and almost completely pain free, but still taking medicine for stuffy nose and congestion in my chest. I still have two days to go on this medication and have had no side affects.

Related Reading: fever | flu

Comment from: nattie bird, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 24

Im 20 Years old Girl and Pregnant 9weeks, Iv have been on Relenza for 2days and it may have taken my aches an pains away but the side Effects anre Horrible i have had headache earache toothache and now i have came up in the mouth with blisters.. i seem 2 b in more pain now then i was befor.

Related Reading: Relenza | headache | toothache

Comment from: Concerned Mother, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 16

My 18 year old daughter with no previous health issues had the flu/symptoms and after 2-3 doses of relenza began experiencing pains in her heart and headaches. The pains in her heart hurt every time she breated so I had her stop the medication. I think it could be dangerous if it affected a perfectly healthy teenager this way. We may go seek alternate medical advise to be sure there are no implications from the medicine.

Published: February 16

My son started taking this around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. By the next day he was feeling better and went back to school on Monday.

Comment from: elly, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

This medicine made me sicker. I felt severe abdominal pain and nausea for many days. It felt as if I was being poisoned. In my opinion it was not only ineffective but harmful.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

Started this med. the day after I started with fever. The side effects are worse than the flu itself. Hopefully I will never have to take this again.

Comment from: suntracker33, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

Although the medication was effective in treating the majority of my flu symptoms, it did nothing for my runny nose, and the side effects were not pleasant. I lost my sense of taste and even 2 days after stopping the medication, I still have not regained it back. I had diarrhea, felt very dryed-out, occassional shortness of breath, and some abdominal cramping. I would not take again if another option were available.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

Two days after starting, was on dn hill side of recovery, Dont know if i would have done same without taking it....

Comment from: Lisaa, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

I was diagnosed with swine flu 2009 Pharmacy did not have a adequate supply of tamiflu so they gave me relenza. I was really ill for 45 days, and now I have COPD! I hate the fact that my life will never be the same. It attacked my lungs and respiratory system. I have a difficult time breathing, and cronic seasonal issues allong with my senses have been hightened. I cannot be in certain places that have strong smells, used to love candles and fragrant oils, no longer can I do that. I cannot even go outside durring spring because of the pollen that never used to bother me. I am now on a controlled medicine, which does not really controll my sysmptoms at all. I am considered handicapped. I have not had any health issues before. Please do not take this medicine I can see how older people and people in poor health die.

Related Reading: swine flu | tamiflu