Relpax User Reviews

Relpax - User Reviews

Relpax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Relpax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mswel, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 28

Finally started taking this a few years ago and it works great. After 30 years I can tell when it's coming so take this right away. I know it is expensive and I only get 12 per month. What I do is get the 40 mg and cut in half with a sharp pill splitter. Have been told that they won't work that way, BUT they do. Sometimes have to take another half but many times this works and I do it because 12 per month is not enough and I don't want to save them for the "worst" ones. This also means I can keep some in a container bedside and in my purse and don't have to try to get those darn packages open when I already feel lousy. Hope this helps someone else.

Comment from: kellysue, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 09

I am disabled by my frequent and all the other stuff that comes with the package. If I feel a migraine coming, I take my relpax, a couple of tylenol 3's, and a phenergan. So far after 20 years of searching, trying most of the triptans, Relpax is head and shoulders above the rest. The only thing I'm worried about is I am living on very limited income and my insurance will only let me have 6 more pills. My Doc wants to put me on Maxalt. I tried it and it barely touched my migraines. Luckily, I did some research and found that Maxalt is contrindicated when taking propranolol.(which I have been taking for years for migraines). The only reason I'm not 100% satisfied is because I am afraid I won't be able to control these migraines from hell- This is the FIRST TIME I'm not heading to the ER screaming in pain, wondering if they think I'm a drug seeker.

Related Reading: migraine | relpax | tylenol

Comment from: paeace, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 13

Relpax works for me everytime. I take a pill as soon as i feel the migraine coming on and within half an hour all signs of the migraine are gone and I can get back to my day.

Comment from: gfcliffa, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 30

Relpax has been the only drug that cures my migraines. I have not experienced any ill side effects from taking it. I'm lucky that my insurance company will allow me 12 per month. Since it is so expensive, it would be nice to see a generic available on the market.

Comment from: Baby Mary, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 26

This medicine has been a lifesaver. It is the only migraine medicine that has worked for me! I used to be down for hours when a migraine struck. If I take this medicine when I first feel the migraine coming on, I am completely rid of the headache within 30 minutes. Very rarely do I ever have to take two tablets. I do not experience any side effects except being tired for that day - but that's so much better than a migraine that I really don't mind being tired!!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: help4myhead, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 08

This med. really works to combat my migraine although it seems to come back about 12 hours later. It's the best med. yet for treating my headache. My side effects, however, were severe drowsiness, constant yawning and nausea. Has anyone else experienced depression with this drug?

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: salena1973, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I have had migraines for 25 years and this is the first drug I have ever taken that will make your headache go away. It doesn't require you to sleep it off. There is no headache hangover the next day. The only problem I have with this medicine is you are only allowed 6 pills for a month and they cost $160.00

Comment from: Lena, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 14

I get migraines 4 times a week. Relpax has been the best medication for me. I have tried Imitrex and others nothing has worked as well as Relpax 40mg. The downside is at times I feel very weak and my body feels heavy, there are other days I take it and I am fine. I try to take it at night before bedtime if I feel one is coming and it works great.

Related Reading: Imitrex

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.