Relpax User Reviews

Relpax - User Reviews

Relpax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Relpax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tinalou, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 23

I've suffered with migraines for 35 years. I've been taking Frova for the last 5 and thought it was a miracle drug; until Relpax. This is the first drug that relieves the blindness that I experience in the first hour of my headache. My sight loss only lasts about 15-20 min and thus far I've been back to "life" in about an hour. Before Relpax I'd spend the remainder of my migraine day in a general funk and still needing to take other pain medications. I highly recommend this pill!

Related Reading: Frova | blindness

Comment from: cmg, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 09

I have always had problems with migraines here and there when I was younger, but then I starting having migraines that lasted about 3 days during my period. NOTHING got rid of it. I had tried hormone pills, Maxalt, Imitrex, Topamax, Verapamil, Loratab (after trying OTC drugs first of course) Sometimes it would get so bad I would have to go get a shot of Toredol & it was affecting my job. But after taking the Relpax it has been great! The headache is usually gone in about 1 hour. The only problems that I have is that before the headache goes away it feels like a band tightening around my head and it feels like the headache is getting worse, but then ALL of the pain is gone. I can function at work when I take it, but if I take it and get still then it does make me tired. All in all, it has been GREAT!

Related Reading: Maxalt | Topamax

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 30

I suffer from migraines (and on a daily med to prevent) and this is the only thing I have ever tried that gets rid of a migraine! In rare instances, I have had to take 2 in a day and that was probably less than a handful of times. Honestly, this medicine has probably given me back quality of life.

Comment from: Cherell72, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

I have tried so many different medications including imitrex. And Relpax is the best for my migraines. I only take one at the first sign of pain,and thats all i needed and I'm usually in pain for 3days,but not now I'm fine with Relpax.

Comment from: Lifeback, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 18

I have daily migraines that no doctor can seem to diagnose why except that it is "thought" to be premenopausal. After trying about 50 different medications, and several different type of Dr's my Neurologist prescribed Relpax. It is amazing! Yes, I do get a little tired sometimes but I have my life back. I've been taking Relpax daily for about 6 months now. I know only 3 per month have been tested but I would be in bed daily with no life if it weren't for this miracle drug. Pfizer needs to study daily use to let consumers know of any long term damage. If I wait and take it when I have a headache it takes about 2 hours to kick in so I take it at the first sign. It makes me feel happy (I believe it's because I have a life) and takes away "all pain" such as neck/back/muscle pain. Relpax doesn't work for everyone but for me, it's my life. My insurance tries to limit to 6 per month but Dr's request can override that. When I began taking Relpax, I would have a heaviness in my chest but my body must have adjusted to it because now I have only slight tiredness. I can deal with being tired by drinking caffeine. Relpax is truly a miracle drug!

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: Tonya, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 06

I have extreme weakness and fatigue after taking Relpax. I am sluggish, nauseated, and have no energy for a full day. It is worth getting rid of the migraine, but I wish I felt better following treatment.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: guardianofthemoon, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 08

In my migraine suffering, I have come across several types of meds that were supposed to save me from the hell I was suffering, but nothing worked. Then along came Relpax,my miracle drug. I can now have a life. I can play with my kids, I can work! I can finish college. All because of a small 40mg pill. If nothing else has worked for you, don't give up at least try this one, it worked when others never did.

Comment from: Breezy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

I have had migraines since I was 13, I am now 27. I tried other meds but without success. The first time I tried Relpax it worked. It was unbelievable, no pain and the visual disturbances stopped. I used to get numbness on one side of my face and the same side hand would go numb too, relpax works before that can happen. I used to want to crawl into a dark hole and die when I would get a migraine. I dreaded them because the were so painful and nauseating, now I don't worry about them because I have relief! The pills are expensive if you are not covered but totally worth the money. Good luck to you.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.