Relpax User Reviews

Relpax - User Reviews

Relpax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Relpax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Debbie, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 22

You name it, I've tried it. I have suffered with migraines since I was 14. I am now 37 and for the first time in my life, I have found a drug that actually gets rid of my migraines without completely knocking me out. The only drawback is that it makes me so relaxed that if I get still, I will fall asleep. I liken the feeling of being on Relpax to having your eyes dilated. You don't feel "drugged" like so many of the other migraine medications, but it does make you feel "wierd" like having your eyes dilated. However, that is a small price to pay for getting rid of a migraine. I am still able to function at work while taking the medication.

Published: October 10

I have had a lot of problems with Imitrex making me feel sick. So far, I haven't experienced that with Relpax.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 27

I have lived with migraines for 18 years and have gone through so many different treatments before my doctor switched me to Botox injections every 3 months and Relpax for when I get a migraine. Both are miracle's to me. I was having about 28 migraines a month with recurring to no relief at all. Now I only get about 5 a month and I take the Relpax and it is gone within an hour or so. The only down side is that I get 9 a month and have to pay 13 dollars for them.

Related Reading: Botox

Comment from: Charlie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 26

I really want to share the benefits of Replax with each and every migraine sufferer. I have had severe and debilitating migraine since birth, the kind where I would lose my vision become paralized from the wait down, I would be vomiting and screaming in pain. I have tried every migraine drug that has become available over the past 40 years with no relief. I really didn't think I wanted to live like this any longer as the pain had taken control of my life. I could barely make it too work most days and I could never plan to do anything, I lived my life in fear of the next attack which was always only just around the next corner. I started seeing a new GP and I broke down to him and said I just can't do this anymore and he asked me if I had tried Replax? I said no, but I'm willing to try anything, not having much hope as I have been so excited about new treatments many times and then really disappointed when they all didn't work. So I started on 40 mg, the next migraine I took my 40mg Replax and it really was helping but with an hour the migraine had broken through. So I took another Replax and it helped but once again the migrain broke through. So now I am on the 80mg tabs and Replax has completey changed my life. I thank my doctor everytime I see him and tell him how he is truly responsible for me now having a pain free life. I can say yes to friends and make plans to do things, I can work and not have to feel so embarassed of all the time I had to take off. Please if you are a migraine sufferer of any degree, you must try this treatment. I have had no side effects, I just have my life back.x

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

I was previously on Maxalt, which didn't always work for me, when my Doc prescribed the Relpax. It works well for me within a half hour of taking it. The only downside is the price.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 16

This is very effective for me; however, you should take it as soon as you feel a headache coming on. I've waited by taking other pain relievers and when I finally took Relpax it took longer to work and my symtoms lasted longer. When I take it first I am very pleased with the results and my day is not ruined by pain. The only side effects that I sometimes get are sleepiness and sometimes a little bit jittery.

Comment from: Relpax user, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 07

I love it, I have been dx with migraines for the last 3 years every time I take it I get relief, I have taken over the counter meds that don't work as well. But this works everytime.

Comment from: suzr66, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 27

I too have had some very bad lower back and hip pain and was not sure it was related to taking the medication. After talking with my Dr it is a very rare side affect but it is in fact a side affect for some. It's worth it though this med works wonderful for someone like me who needs it almost daily.

Comment from: Sue, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 19

Headaches are unpredictable - This really helps! Also taking Topamax as a preventive. Love that I can continue to work or drive when taking Relpax (unlike with Imitrex - too sleepy), but I am experiencing severe low back and hip joint pain that I have just decided might be a side affect of the Relpax. Anyone else? I did see a couple but not many. I am under age of 50 and don't want to think this is causing arthritis or something similar to set in early.

Related Reading: arthritis

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.