Remeron User Reviews

Remeron - User Reviews

Remeron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Remeron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Nate Dogg, Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 22

Phenomenal for improving sleep architecture - getting into "deep sleep" stages 3 & 4. Great for anxiety as well. No sexual dysfunction but potential for weight gain in first 3 weeks due to increase in appetite. Inverse relation to dose and side effect means to dose higher to eliminate side effects. This occurs as in the lower doese the high affinity for the H-1 receptor site triggers appetite increase. By dosing higher the more robust increase in Norepinephrine helps counteract this and somnolence.

Related Reading: sleep | anxiety | sexual

Comment from: Saved by Remeron, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 05

To all of you who are thinking of stopping the medication because of weight gain, feeling like a zombie, those terrible nightmares, lack of sex drive, etc... I too have had all of these side effects. Before starting treatment on Remeron coupled with Lexapro (after trying every other drug on the market and suffering for 5+ years) I truly was ready to die. I had no will to live, I was angry at everything! I truly/sadly was Suicidal and Homocidal. I would fall asleep within 5-15 minutes of taking it (the reason you take it before bed) no matter what I was doing, EATING, talking, painting my nails. I would also get this feeling of bugs crawling up and down my legs, which was discerning and extremely uncomfortable. And, I too had that INSAITIABLE APPETITE, 30lbs in the first 5months of treatment. That passed. ALL the side effects passed. My appetite is healthier now, but I'm not eating 5 candybars at once now, followed by a couple more! No terrible nightmares, no creepy crawly feelings, no more zombie girl, and I haven't gained any additional weight since the initial 30lbs. I have returned to earth! I have earned my bachelors degree in nursing and have been practicing for 1+ year. I've become married, bought a house, and am excited to live again! The last 4 years have been the best I'd had in a long time. The benefits have far outweighed the temporary side effects. Isn't your happiness worth it?!

Related Reading: nightmares | Remeron | Lexapro

Comment from: angelsclf, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 10

This medicine is awesome. I have tried several different medicines and had horrible side effects.People actually want to be around me now I'm happy and not snappy anymore and I love it oh and the wonderful sleep at night has helped me get off the anbiem. My husband is very pleased cause we can actually have a conversation without me jumping on every little word or sentence.VERY PEACEFUL FEELING AND LOVING IT

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: June 11

I have taken this for 8 years and at first I did gain some weight but it wasnt too long after that that I had lost what I gained. It is the only one that helped wih my depression and anxiety. I am so glad that they made this drug, If you give it time to work it is worth it,

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: dmcatlett, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 28

I have been taking 30mg at night for 4 months now. Have never fell asleep as fast and slept so sound in YEARS. Depression or Negative thoughts have lessened to the point to where I dont dwell on the negative and notice increased POSITIVE thoughts and energy. Increased appetite is a factor, but exercise will power for the first month or so and your weight gain will be minimal, if any. I actually am at a lower wieght because I feel better and am more active now. Can't speak for all... but its been a life saver "litterally" for me.

Comment from: sackc135, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

I have had 100% more energy and might outlook on life has improved 100%. Am thrilled that the doctor put me on it. I also have had a 100% improvement of appatite.

Comment from: john, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

I was sick for a year before being diagnosed with ehrlichia, A Lyme type disease that is contracted from a tick bite. I started suffering from depression and anxiety which started to become severe. My 7 year relationship with my girlfriend also ended suddenly. Now I stand to lose my house because of the seperation. I started taking 15mg for 6 weeks, then increased dose to 30mg. After initial adjustment, the medication has helped with sleep, depression and anxiety. I have had no panic attacks, and anxiety levels have returned to normal. This medication has helped get me back on track after some extreme stressful situations. I believe this medication can be beneficial if the individual also makes a concious effort to improve quality of life. YOU CAN DO IT!

Related Reading: panic attacks