Remeron User Reviews

Remeron - User Reviews

Remeron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Remeron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: hughdoosh1, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

This is an excellent drug. Great for depression and anxiety. It really helped me a lot. The best part is it makes you happy and sleepy, so u just take it when you are ready for bed in the next half hour or so.It also has antihistamine properties, so I no longer take allergy pills. Very little in the way of side effects. A little bit of nightmares in the beginning or when adjusting to a higher dose. Before Remeron I tried different SSRI's and SNRI'S but they killed my sex drive and made me super constipated. I started at 15 mg slowly went up to 30mg after a while. Truly a wonder drug for me. Don't give up on antidepressants until you've tried Remeron!

Related Reading: allergy | antidepressants

Comment from: j, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 02

PTSD, SEVERE depression & anxiety (no help from MANY other meds/combos tried) was on zoloft and klonopin with slight help...~3.5 weeks ago, added 30 mg remeron a bit b4 bedtime and I FINALLY FEEL LIKE I WANT TO LIVE. HUGE HELP! only prob is my new INSATIABLE appetite. at first i thought it was just that my moods were improving (when you don't feel like living, eating just isn't that interesting) but it got worse (CONSTANT thoughts of foods in the fridge, cravings for anything and everything-luckily i also crave raw veggies) & my clothes felt tighter...i believe i have gained 15+ lbs in these last 3.5 weeks...ugh! i hope the appetite settles down soon, as i don't want to have to stop this med and spiral back down mentally...but i also can't continue putting on weight...how to balance mental health with physical health (weight,etc.)??? overall, though, i am very thankful for this med.

Related Reading: zoloft | klonopin | mental health

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

I am so drowsy most of the day that I am unable to complete the simplest of tasks. If there is any type of confrontation I am a screaming witch. I am also on Effexor and feel like I belong in a wheel chair in an old peoples home, just staring at nothing all day.

Related Reading: Effexor

Comment from: DONNIE, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 21

I STARTED TAKING REMERON 7 YRS AGO IN THE MIDDLE OF A SEVIER DEPPRESSION .IT WAS A GODSEND AND HELPED SAVE MY LIFE.I HAD BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR 2 MONTHS BECAUSE OF THE DEPPRESSION AND HAD LOST 45 IBS.WITHIN 6WKS OF TAKING THE PRODUCT I WAS BACK TO WORK.IT TOOK ABOUT 4 MONTHS FOR THE SIDE EFFECTS TO WEAR OFF BUT AFTER THAT THE ONLY SIDE EFFECT WAS A WONDERFUL NIGHTS SLEEP EVERY NIGHT.PLEASE TRY THIS DRUG IF YOU NEED HELP.I HAD RESOLVED THAT I WOULD NEVER BE RIGHT AGAIN THIS DRUG PROVED ME WRONG.

Published: September 26

i switched from lexapro to remeron and i am very pleased. the difference is amazing. i feel like a real person again. :)

Comment from: punky_shoester, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

took first dose before bedtime and noticed a difference the very next a.m. used to have anxiety attacks as soon as i opened my eyes in the morning, this med stopped them almost completely. Depression is improved as well. My doctor put me on Remeron because depression caused loss of appetite (lost 25lbs in 6 mos) and it also fixed that problem almost immediately. does make me tired, take at night and sleep better than i can ever recall. do have some minor body aches, but i'll take them over crippling anxiety and depression any day.

Comment from: ProperlyMedicated, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

This (and its cousin trazodone) have really been good in conjunction w/Cymbalta (duloxetine) for what was until 2005 treatment-resistant depression. I switched from trazodone to Remeron permanently in 2006 since Remeron also could control my sleep issues (I had excessive REM) and gastroesphageal reflux as well. I'm really surprised at the high rate of people getting vivid dreams from this drugs. However, getting the "munchies" seems to make sense to me... as it improved my GERD, it sent my appetite through the roof (causing weight gain) until I identified the fact that the weight gain was coming from the med and that I could reverse it w/(a very high degree of!) willpower.

Related Reading: Cymbalta

Comment from: Liz, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 31

I was prescribed Remeron about 7-8 years for insomnia. I would either go right to sleep and then wake up and not be able to go back to sleep (toss and turn) or I would not be able to get to sleep until the wee hours of the morning, then it would be time to get up. I started taking Remeron for insomnia about 8 years ago, I guess, and it has been a godsend. I take it about a half hour before I hit the sack and sleep (deep restful) for 8 hours. I am not drowsy when I wake up and do not have any dizzyness, lightheadedness or any side effects mentioned. I am a much more productive and not-sleep deprived individual since being on this medication. Not too much in the information about helping for insomnia, though.

Related Reading: insomnia