Remeron User Reviews

Remeron - User Reviews

Remeron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Remeron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jazz, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 12

Since being on remeron for over two years, I had gained an excessive amount of weight and my cholesteral has shot out of control over the roof top. Now that I'm off it, I have finally been able to control my weight and lowered my cholesterol.

Related Reading: cholesterol

Comment from: cappy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

Happily, I have not experienced weight gain, however I have noticed I experience more frequent bouts of hunger. My husband says I don't snore as much since I started this medication, and I noticed I don't sneeze as much as I used. My sleep has been riddled with dreams. I've always had vivid dreams, now the dreams are extraordinary. Thankfully, no nightmares. I would be interested to know if others have experienced a relief in respiratory symptoms, and with an increase in vivid dreams.

Comment from: NANCY, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 23

I HAVE USED REMERON FOR SEVERAL YEARS. AFTER TRYING MANY DIFFERENT ANTIDEPRESSANTS I TRIED REMERON BECAUSE I NEEDED AN APPETITE STIMULATOR. YOU MUST TAKE REMERON AT BEDTIME. IT PUTS ME COMPLETELY TO SLEEP WITHIN 30 MINUTES.IT CONTROLS THE EXTREME DEPRESSION I ONCE HAD.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 02

I took this drug for anxiety and i havn't noticed much of a difference. I am sleeping much better however, and I have had a better mood. I still get anxiety and my appetite is out of this world. This is a perfect drug for insomniacs that are having trouble eating, not so sure about anxiety.

Comment from: SweetDreamsPance, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

on Remeron I required 14 hours of sleep and six full meals per day to function comfortably. Also, abot 2 weeks after I began using Remeron, I began to forget things. This appeared and worsened over a period of a few days, culminating in one terrifying evening of confusion and short-term memory loss so total and debilitating that I stopped taking the pills immediately (which in turn caused a withdrawal syndrome characterized by dizziness, mania, and a general sensation of surreality about everything. Lasted for a few days then subsided). Remeron was a hellish experience.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Neeter, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 16

I suffered from depression, migraines and trouble sleeping for over 10 years. This medicine has taken the migraines away, I can sleep at night and it controls my depression better than any of the other drugs I have tried.

Comment from: janice tutt, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 27

Remeron has worked for me, however the drawback is this medication gives me nighmares when I sleep at night. I've been taking this medication for 1-month and not one night has gone by that I have not had bad dreams. During the daytime it is helping me tremendously. taking this medication has increased my appetite. Overall, because of the nighmares and increased appetite I am discontinuing this medication.

Comment from: Leslie A, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 10

I've suffered from depression and anxiety for years. I had taken Zoloft for quite a few years and it helped with depression but did nothing for the anxiety. I had to white knuckle the anxiety and use xanax for panic attacks. Last year, Zoloft quit helping with my depression and I was suffering. I tried a few alternate anti-depressants with no success. However, ffter taking Remeron for 2 days, I was back to my old self and able to sleep. The most amazing aspect is that I have had no anxiety or panic attacks at all. I've had anxiety for so long that I had forgotten how peaceful I could feel. I love Remeron but it does make me sleepy during the day. My MD, is going to up my dose to 45mg from 30 mg. to see if that will help with the sleepiness. I haven't had any weight gain or food cravings.

Related Reading: xanax | Zoloft

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 08

I was on Zoloft which never worked for me. Due to depression & Anxiety I had a very hard time falling asleep. Remeron literally turned my life around, I started sleeping normally immediately & the depression was very manageable within weeks...