Remicade User Reviews

Remicade - User Reviews

Remicade User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Remicade sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Vanessa, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 20

The experience I have had with taking this drug has given me back parts of my life that I thought were lost forever. I am able to do the simple things with ease such as getting out of bed. In taking Remicade I feel like my life has been given back to me again.

Related Reading: Remicade

Comment from: uncleruss, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 02

THIS MEDICATION ROCKS I JUST SIT DOWN AND TAKE THE IV AND WATCH A MOVIE UNTILL IM DONE THEN I LEAVE AND DONT COME BACK FOR ANOTHER EIGHT WEEKS

Comment from: klanolson, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 14

My husband was diagnosed in July, 2000 at the young age of 25. He was never denied SSDI because of the severity of his disease. He tried alternative treatments, such as pednisone, methotrexate, NSAIDS etc, just to name a few. Within the first few treatments of Remicade, my husband showed significant improvement. He has had well over 50 treatments, and is walking!! Personally, Remicade is a miracle drug! I am a Registered Nurse and have come across many people with arthritis in my time. But to this day, I swear by Remicade, and have even recommended it to my own family members and friends.

Related Reading: NSAIDS | arthritis

Comment from: Sam, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 22

Until I swtiched to Humira a few months ago, Remicade worked wonders for me. I never had an adverse effect from it. My experience was pleasant even though it required a trip to the hospital. I will use it again if I need it.

Related Reading: Humira

Comment from: whatcamefirst, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

Treatment was easy and the Remicade along with methotextrate had been great until after feeling flu'ish for a few days becomming extremely short of breath. Several days in the hospital confirmed that my heart is fine, however I have severe fibrosis on both lungs. I went from an active 66 year old man to one requiring oxygen 24 hrs a day...overnight. Dr. is planning to continue with remicade and will re-introduce the methotrexate which they stopped I first became sick. What caused the accute fibrosis...the Rheumatoid arthritis, the methotrexate or the remicade... We'll never know, will we?

Related Reading: flu | Rheumatoid arthritis

Comment from: FrexyGirl, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 18

I had been on steroids for 7 years, and this is the first time I have been off of them, this drug has saved my life!! I am not a fan of IV drugs due to the fact that my veins are shot from steroids, so now I have a port-a-cath, but it's still worth it! I truly believe I have my life back thanks to Remicade!! Don't put it off if you are thinking about trying it.

Comment from: samantha, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 14

I suffered a severe reaction after 3 iv treatments, remicade induced pneumonitis. be very careful and alert to symptoms.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 21

I have been on this medication for 10 months and have had some success with it, but am still having occasional stiffness and soreness in some joints with fatigue.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: rjgerhardt, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I have been on remicade for almost 6 years. I started on it when I was 16, after having Crohn's disease and severe Ulcerative Colitis since the age of 14. At the start of it, I was 5'0" and 77 lbs, my menstrual cycle had stopped,almost all my hair had fallen out and I was being cared for 24 hours a day. Within 1 year, I weighed 110 lbs, grew 2 inches, went back to school, my hair had grown back nicely. Also, my cycle returned to normal. I love this drug!! It has given me my life back...

Related Reading: Crohn's disease | Ulcerative Colitis

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options