Remicade User Reviews

Remicade - User Reviews

Remicade User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Remicade sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: me, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 06

this medication has been the difference of life and death for me. i have Rheumatoid Arthritis & Crohn's disease. the benefits of this medication are numerous. It enables me to live and work. i have never had any adverse side effects. best medication ever!!

Comment from: lcubed, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 23

My dad died June 10th from multiorgan failure due to histoplasmosis. He had complained of side effects to treatment doctors and staff, but they assured him there wasn't a problem. He was in a lot of pain for several weeks before he died. So, my advice is to make sure to be tested often for these infections if you choose to try this treatment.

Related Reading: histoplasmosis

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 07

I am in complete remision and have been for about two and a half years without side effects. I think you should at least try it it your doctor feels it right for you. The three hour infusion time has become me time and is a good time to unwind.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 17

Have been on Remicade for 10+ years and my life has gone from almost cripple with 7 joints replaced to an active peerson who regularly goes to exeercise and yoga classes. For me, it is a quality of life issue. Yes, there may be side effects which fortunately I have not had but I am willing to take the risks and be a contributing member of society than being someone with debilitating pain and depressed.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 04

This treatment had the opposite effect and seemed to cause a "speed up" in the disease.A waste of my financial resourses.I was hoping for a different result.Because of a reaction in the middle of my last infusion(5th),the DR. decided this treatment had to be terminated.

Comment from: Kelli, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

I'm one of the rare ones....took my first infusion in Sept. and 1 week later ended up in the ER where I stopped breathing and spent the next 6 days in the ICU. As I understand it, the belief is that I had a reaction to the mouse protein in the Remicade.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 04

Before being on Remicade i took steriods which totally messed my whole body up, like most of CD and UC patients. Still under those i was cramping and using the restroom alot. After the first treatments i felt tremendously better. The only downside is the three hour sit a the Dr. every 8 weeks. Thats not too bad since i was used to being at the Dr. Office. I was diagnosed in 2003 with UC, 6 months later i had a colectomy followed by a reversal of my ileostomy. After all my surgeries were over i thought i was ok but started cramping and bleeding again. I now have Crohns but Remicade has been amazing and i am now enrolled in school taking 21 hours and working as a construction manager 3 days a week. Remicade works.

Comment from: Joe Lorenzo, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 21

I am a 42 yr old man who, 2 years ago, seemed to contract Rheumatoid Arthritis overnight. I woke up one morning almost unable to walk due to severe pain in my ankles. Within a couple of weeks the pain had spread to nearly all of my joints. I could not even turn a doorknob with one hand...I had to use both hands. Remicade has saved my life. It has allowed me to again be active with my kids. And thats what was one of my main concerns. I've experienced no side effects. I get treatments every 8 weeks & I still experience minimal joint stiffness from time to time between treatments. If you have Arthritis, this drug can give you your life back.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 02

I was on Remicade for at least three years. I did go into remission with my Crohn's for about one year. I continued the infusions every 8 weeks (instead of 6) as a maintainance therapy. I was given 2 Tylenol by mouth, Benadryl, Phenergan, and Solymedarol(sp?) (steriod) as pre-meds through my IV prior to receiving Remicade. The pre-meds were very helpful to aleviate the itching, nausia and headaches I would get from Remicade. I also found it very helpful when the nurses would slow down the rate of speed the infusion was being administered. Due to changes in health insurance coverage I have decided to give Humira a try for financial reasons. I had my first four pen injections today. I found it to be very painful. I will follow some of the tips I have read on WebMD in 2 weeks when I have to have 2 more. I had a friend who is a nuse give them to me. Because the shots burn so bad I am not sure if I will ever be able to inject myself. She suggest I try to see if I can get a RX for a vial to inject with a syringe instead of using the pen. I may be going back to Remicade if Humira doesn't work out. Good luck to you in your treatment!

Related Reading: Tylenol | Benadryl | Phenergan

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options