Remicade User Reviews

Remicade - User Reviews

Remicade User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Remicade sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: millifred, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

After 2 infusions of remicade I experienced reduction in pain and swelling; Unfortunately I then developed a respiratory infection which still hasn't cleared up 2 months and 4 courses of antibiotics later - having agreed with my Rheumatologist for the need to put the Remicade and Methotrexate on hold 6 weeks ago.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 15

I have been on remicade treatments for over 3 years and it has enabled me to lead a full and active life. Now however my last 2 treatments have not gone well. After 15 minutes into the threatment I experienced difficulyt breathing, increased blood pressure(180/120)tightness in chest and sharp pain in chest through to my back and shoulder. I fear I will have to stop taking remicade and will end up back were I was walking with a cain and use of my wheel chair again. The cardio Drs say that my heart is fine and this is all a reaction to the remicade.

Comment from: Smiley Lady, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 18

In all honesty I fought the idea of having this treatment. I saw it as last resort and did not want to face the reality of my situation with crohn's. I have been on remicade for 10 months. My best description, it has been a miracle for me. I was rarely able to leave home, could not eat fruit, vegetables and many items in any form. I could not work. I was in pain daily and lived in the bathroom. When I could sleep I lay in a fetal postion as I tried to get past the discomfort that was overpowering my body. Today I can keep up with a freelance writer's career and go to watch my friend's children for a few hours after school. I am able to eat an entire apple again. I have delighted in eating pomegranate fruit lately. A year ago I stood in front of my refrigerator and nearly broke down because I could not eat a wedge of apple without becoming painfully sick. Can you imagine, crying over a apple? I know the risks and I am fully aware of the condition I was in. Remicade was the correct decision for me. I'm so very thankful that it is available. I have quality of life for awhile longer.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 09

This medication is a miracle drug! After a six month UC flare-up it was the only thing that worked for me. I had been on asacol, 6mp and steroids for 5 months with no relief. This had been my worst flare up in 6 years with diarhhea 20+ times daily, a 25 pound weight loss and the inability to leave my house at all. The very next day after sarting Remicade, my diarhhea stopped! And a few days after that the bleeding stopped. I started eating and all of my symptoms went away in a matter of weeks. That was six months ago. I get a treatment every 8 weeks and will do so forever if I have to. I have my life back! I can take care of my children and do everything I couldn't six months ago. I don't understand why every GI doctor isn't telling their patients with severe cases of Uc about this drug. I feel great and I'm living again!

Related Reading: asacol

Comment from: Debbie, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 16

As far as I am concerned this drug gave me back my life. I've had a couple of times that I had a long break between IVs (I get it every six weeks) and cannot believe how quickly I go downhill. I did have to delay some surgery until almost time to get the Remicade due to its affct on my immune system. The surgeon wanted by system to be strong as possible prior to surgery. Then the rheumatoligist made me wait until fully healed before restarting. I tried not taking Benadryl prior to the IV but started itching. So now I just take 2 Benadryl prior to the IV. I generally get a movie and sleep while it is playing on my laptop.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: wondering why, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 27

I understand that this med can change peoples lives. I, personally would NEVER use it due to the fact that it can and will cause serious infection (or at least weaken the immune system enough). In 2007, January, My mother was hospitalized, after having several major infections and the Dr not stopping the meds. She was in septic shock and I had 4 people as well as her physician at 11pm ask me if I knew what her final wishes were. Somehow she managed to pull through after several days in the ICU. Needless to say, she no longer has that physician (not the one that called me)and I am a very greatful person to still have my mom. PLEASE, if you begin to get even SMALL infections, PLEASE consider stopping the use of this medicine. I dont want another family to go through what I did. I know there is a great risk with the med and mom and I both spoke about them. Yes, the results of the Remicade helped her but in the same breath, almost killed her. Or at least the "physician" that was treating her that didnt stop it immediately. Just BE CAREFUL.

Related Reading: shock

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options