Remodulin User Reviews

Remodulin - User Reviews

Remodulin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Remodulin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lgarnett, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 12

Our daughter has been on this drug since August 2007. It literally has lengthened her life. When her PAH was diagnosed, we were told that she would likely die within 6-10 months. She has used it with a central line and infusion pump. We have used two different pumps with very little trouble at all in the mixing or administration of the drug.

Comment from: cari, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 16

Besides the side effects, this med has worked for me wonderfully

Comment from: ricashea, 45-54 (Patient) Published: June 19

My main complaint about this drug is that I have lots of pain in my feet, legs, and hands. It seems to be getting worse as I increase the dosage. At times it's almost intolerable. I am on gabbypentin an a stong pain med. At times that doesn't even help that much.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 04

Remodulin saved my life. I began in 2007 and have had few side effects--(just a little diarrhea and leg pain.) Once you get used to the process, it is simple to use and even easier once you are stable and can use the smaller pump. It is wonderful to be able to braathe again!

Related Reading: Remodulin | diarrhea

Comment from: geno, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

I've been on remodulin for 1 1/2 yrs site pain is painful up to 2 wks ,nausia at times. pain in legs & hands.It has lowered right venticle pressure from 110 down to 61,so ikeep doing it and try to stay positive! Good luck to all .Geno

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 13

In the begining it is very painful, after having this medication for other three years i highly suggest using your hip the pain decreases a lot. Hope it helps (:

Comment from: cupcake, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

The site pain is so terrible. Usually after 6 days I need to chane the site or go out of my mind. I don't have any problem with anything else, just the site pain.

Comment from: mtnmartha@yahoo.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 18

On the 19June2009 my wife of 29 years and 6 months passed.When we viewed her in the E.R. we saw that her cronos pump showed that out of a 48 hour supply of her med,20ml,that in a 4.5 hour time since refill,the cronos infusion pump showed that 5ml had been dispensed.That is a near 300% dosage in my math.I have not received to my way of thinking a proper answer as to what happened.Now that I have read the overdose symptoms I am now convinced she suffered and died because of an overdose.I would be wary of the Cronos pump and its reliability. I am also suspect of the MDs involved. Gene Bono widower of Marie

Comment from: carla, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I have scleroderma and have a bit of diffectly using my fingers as they are stiff , so using all syringes and medications is sometimes diffcult for me. I am a widow so I have to mix my own medication. Luckly I have a son who lives 25 miles away who can help me with my dressing change. The thing I have a problem with is keeping my dressing dry when showering. I miss swimming too. I am grateful ths medication is keeping me alive so I should not complain about anything.! Thank you to all reseachers who invented this wonder drug. !!

Related Reading: scleroderma

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 10

I send this email every January 10th because that is the day that my father passed away from an infection called sepsis that he developed by the method that they used to administer the drug Remodulin because he had developed pulmonary arterial hypertension. He first was administered this drug in November of 2007 and spent a month in the hospital. They used the intravenous IV infusion method in which they put a catheter in his arm. The doctor had told us that this was temporary and that they would be changing the method to the subcutaneous infusion method in which they were going insert a small catheter under the skin in his abdomen and the reason for this was because doctor Zawicki had told us that they do not like to leave it in the arm to long because there is more of a risk for infection. We kept asking when this procedure will be changed because my dad was doing really well with it and had finally started getting the color back in his face and was walking down the halls and was not losing his breath. We were thrilled that he was doing so well. Dr. Zawicki said she wanted to wait awhile because he was doing so well. December came and he still was in the hospital with the IV in his arm. We asked if he could get out for Christmas and then we would bring him back and they said that would be o.k. and we had a nurse come to the house to show us how to mix the remodulin and change the IV and then in January they would be changing to the subcutaneous infusion method. My dad collapsed on January 1st and we called the ambulance to take my dad back to the hospital because he was feeling very week and he was running a temperature. When my father arrived at the emergency room the nurses had very little knowledge of remodulin and what you do with it. My mother and I had a card that we were given by the nurse that came to the house who specialized in it and we explained it to the nurses in the emergency room. As the days went on my dad just kept getting worse so do

Related Reading: sepsis