Requip XL User Reviews

Requip XL - User Reviews

Requip XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Requip XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: xrmygal, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 25

I take this drug 2 times daily with great benefit. I caution users to not accept Ropinirole as a replacement, generic, drug. My pharmacy did change on the direction of my Rx Plan and all benefits slowly seeped away and I experienced side effects serious enough to require hospitalization. The neurologist is adamant that Requip XL has no generic replacement; it is a slow releasing action drug so symptoms are kept at a somewhat normal level. Ropinirole is a 1 time release giving the body the full dose at once, like a jolt, and if conditions are in place, the side effects are intolerable is some patients

Related Reading: Requip XL

Comment from: tc, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 16

I started taking RequipXL in 2008 along with Zelapar, and have maintained my life's activity and work. My dosage is 36mg/day which is necessary to continue my daily 18 holes of golf here in Florida. Side effects have been minimal, although would like to increase my dosage even higher..highly recommend RequipXL. tc

Related Reading: Zelapar

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

I suffered with restless legs for years before taking Requip. I am on the lowest dosage and it is like a miracle for me, its like a switch was turned off. no side effects.

Related Reading: Requip

Comment from: cooncat4, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 14

Requip has given me the relief from RLS I have been unable to find any other place. I tried the generic and it defeated the whole purpose as I would lay there almost all night long, wide awake. I cut the 1 mg pill in half and take with my supper before it gets ahead of me, and then take the other half about 2 hrs later. If by chance I am on an airplane and have to set to long, I will take an extra half earlier. I have been taking this medication about 4 years and it is the first medication that has helped me.

Comment from: muckneen@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

I have been prescribed this medication to relieve Restless Legs syndrome and have had 12 hour relief with the timed release tablets. I have had no side effects.

Comment from: Adawng, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 14

Took Sinemet for 4 yrs, but within last year started having severe muscle spasms on left side of body. Dr changed meds to Requip XL and Amantadine. Relieved spasms, but I stay so tired and weak all day. Only been on new meds for 1 week. Hopefully, tireness with get better as my body gets more used to the new meds. Nurse suggested yesterday that I take the Requip XL at bedtime. Try tonight and we'll see.

Related Reading: Sinemet | muscle spasms

Published: January 21

I struggled with nausea for years using requip. My doctor tried the XL time release and suddenly I got my life back. I had no nausea. My balance and tremor improved. I was able to knit again. I can not say enough how this time released medicine has improved my life.

Comment from: jcaron6, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 22

I ran out for a couple of days and my tremors were worse. I got my prescription refilled and my tremors got better.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 13

Ropinirole does work! After 8 houres of construction work i dont dare sit down without taking .75mg my legs would be jumpin all over the room. It is a lifesaver!! I also suffer from Teninitis which rings continuously. I can see where it would drive people insane to have eigther!

Comment from: requip, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

I have severe restless legs, it even happens in my shoulders and arms. This medicine did not help much at all. It also caused upset stomach.