Requip XL User Reviews

Requip XL - User Reviews

Requip XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Requip XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 18

This drug made me a crazy person! I couldn't sleep, I had 10 projects going on at the same time, not finishing any. I was compulsive about everything, well except sex, I think that's just wishful thinking on a man's part. It took my doc over a year to figure out what was wrong. I would NOT recommend this drug to anyone!!! Danger Will Robinson!!

Comment from: Sara, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

I am taking 12mg of Requip XL daily. During the day I seem to function well, but this drug's effectiveness seems to fizzle by early evening. I do experience the feeling of being car sick most of the day. By 6:00 pm my RLS is very painful. The only relief I get is getting in the hot tub.

Comment from: mr p, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 09

dr introduced me to this drug with sammple packs. I had been taking cabidopa levola dopa and was getting along. I was havng trouble with fitful sleep. drug was easier to take and doc lead me to believe it might help with chronic pain. well drug did help but I came to find out that my insurance medicare did not covet it and it was 400 per month for my dosage. quite a shock since I am disabled with parkinsons and not flush with money. still in shock since getting used to requip xl called for a period of adjustment. Now I am back on requip that is similar to carbidopa levoladopa. Be careful drug is not covered and samples run out quickly.

Related Reading: chronic pain | shock

Comment from: machineage111, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

I tried Requip when I was first diagnosed with Parkinson's 10 years ago and began compulsively shopping. I recently tried the Xl version and found myself unable to sleep, obsessed with fixing a new computer. I got almost no sleep for a week. My back is still hurting from sitting in an awkward position etc....I believe that for me the obsessive - compulsive behavior it has created far outweighs any symptomatic relief it has given me. It is a dopamine agonist and has all the benefits of such drugs. It also carries the same risk factors and was very expensive, even with health insurance,

Related Reading: dopamine

Comment from: Beba, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

My doctor is slowly increasing my dose - am on 6 mg per day. Have noticed improvement in my arm and leg but still get tremors. Have not experienced severe side effects yet but its early days.

Comment from: Annie, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 01

I have what is called R L S .Without this med I can't sleep and I am very irateble.

Comment from: rudy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

dont temor as much as before

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 21

Caused severe muscle spasms in neck, & severe headache, requiring many treatments, medications, medical modalities & years of treatments! I would caution everyone to try this medication only as last resort. The severe side effects after second pill made me hurt so bad that I considered suicide to relieve my misery. I met a woman who was hospitalized with symptoms after 1dose. BAD drug!

Related Reading: headache | suicide

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 07

I have been taking Requip XL since 12/2008. I tolerate it very well, but my dose keeps increasing. I'm now taking 12mg per day, but I still move very slowly and am stiff in my neck on the right side and in my right arm and hand. I found out accidentally that Cipro interacts in a positive way for me with Requip XL. When I took both drugs, I wasn't slow or stiff. Seems they could take the part of Cipro that caused this effect and improve Requip XL.

Related Reading: Cipro