Rescriptor User Reviews

Rescriptor - User Reviews

Rescriptor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rescriptor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: orcas, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 04

I've taken GCP for about 9 months since my low volume prostate cancer diagnosis -- while my cancer seems under control (which may or may not be due to GCP), my white blood cell count has been going down rapidly -- I've read that genistein can impair immunity and lower white blood cell counts -- I'm going to cut back on GCP intake and have my WBC retested

Related Reading: prostate cancer | cancer

Comment from: BP1, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 19

Diagonsed w/ low grade prostate cancer in 2002 (confirmed w/biopsies). Various suggestions from drs. - radical to watchful waiting. Sloan Kettering studies suggested GCP might be effective. I started 1.5g daily. PSA went "down" to 6 range and has basically stayed there ever since. Routine exams show no lumps/nodules. Still on 1.5g daily. Only side effect is occasional loose bowels. Expensive, but to me worth it so far.

Comment from: Sarkai, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I started this to help reduce hot flashes when I began menopause. And yes it did help alot. I'm still taking it.

Related Reading: hot flashes | menopause

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 25

I am experiencing very sore breasts after drinking Silk soy drink and also swelling of the breast - it's the only different thing I have done and it must be related. I also was taking Citracel which has genistein in it as does soy. Iwas hopeful the genistein would help with bone density

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: boo, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 12

I am taking Genistein (Citrical Bone Builder)for osteopenia and am NOT post-postmenopausal. I take oral birth control pills and I think that Genistein may interfere with the pill. Since beginning the Genistein a month ago I have had daily breakthrough bleeding and minor cramping. I have continued to take my birth control pills daily and there was no let up. I stopped the Genistein and the spotting subsided. The Genistein may interfere with the estrogen and therefore cause the breakthrough bleeding. Something to consider while taking this product and birth control pills.

Related Reading: osteopenia | birth control

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.