Restoril User Reviews

Restoril - User Reviews

Restoril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Restoril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: turkleboy@aol.com, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 22

im bi-polar, this is the only drug that has ever worked for me its a lifesaver my dr says i have the worst insomnia hes ever seen, he been a dr for 59 yrs but i must take it longterm im on year #4 and doin great on it i take 30mg q hs

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: bmondrone@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 08

I have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. I have great difficulty falling asleep&staying asleep without restoril. Many times,I am awakened with pain and find I need to put soft,relaxing music on[rather than ((mmediately taking another medication]. Without the restoril,I'd have to take a pain pill. Ambien did not help me in the least....so,for now the restoril is my ticket to a good night's sleep. We have to remember that thesemeds are very potent& should NEVER self medicate!!!Katherine36502 is lucky nothing severe happened to her after her sleeping med cocktail!!! That is so dangerous!PLEASE,katherine call your doctor and tell her/him about your persistent insomnia. thank you

Comment from: navahogirl, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 18

I have since being a teen had problems falling asleep. I've used Restoril for almost a year now and fall asleep within 1 hour of going to bed instead of the normal 2 to 3 hours I was use to.

Related Reading: Restoril

Comment from: eagle3lady@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

I have chronic pain & insomnia.All other OTC & Rx meds for sleep have not worked at all. Restoril has been the only med to help restore my sleep pattern.

Related Reading: chronic pain | sleep

Comment from: rebal_mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 14

It works quickly and thoroughly. I have been taking this for over a year now. I have a condition to where I "wake up" 256 times within a 4 hour time span when I had a sleep study done on me. I was constantly tired and felt like I had not slept until I started taking this mediction. It has worked wonders for me. I had taken other medications such as klonipin, but it didn't work as well.

Comment from: oscougar, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 29

i've been taking this temazepam 15mg (restoril)2 capsules every night since 2001 (9 years) It does'nt have any bad side effect on me, on my body or on my brain but a straight 8 or 9 hours of good night sleep. I always sleep like a baby. I feel refresh, up and ready to go in the morning. I'm not addicted to this, but i like restoril it's better than valium 4. you have to ask your doctor for prescription Rx

Related Reading: valium

Comment from: survivor, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 25

This medicine worked very well to fall asleep and worked moderately well to stay asleep. I did experience intense dreaming. I had side effects during and after using this medication. I experienced tremors, confusion, memory loss, poor coordination, weakness and difficulty concentrating. Much of these symptoms lessened by cutting the dose in half. I discontinued the medication but developed rebound insomnia and a severe headache for eleven days Most of the side effects I mentioned took about 6 weeks to fully subside after discontinuation. I still have insomnia.

Related Reading: tremors | headache

Comment from: JAFUD, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 07

I was prescribed this medication along with Valium when I was diagnosed as Bipolar. I take 30 mg at bedtime and 10 mg of Valium at bedtime. The medicine worked very well for a little while. However, I have been taking this medication now going on 12 YEARS! This medication is a HYPNOTIC sleep-aid that should only be taken for short-term treatment of insomnia. When I told my Psychiatrist that I was having trouble sleeping and that the medicines weren't effective, she prescribed SEROQUEL 500 mg at bedtime to boot! Don't allow anyone to cause you to abuse, misuse, or become dependent/addicted to ANY medication. If it is not having an effect any longer...there might be a real good reason why. Educate yourself on the medications you and/or a loved one is prescribed. Just because a doctor prescribes the medication, doesn't mean you don't have the right to ask questions about it's usage.

Related Reading: SEROQUEL