Restoril User Reviews

Restoril - User Reviews

Restoril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Restoril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 25

I was falling asleep easily enough, but would always wake at around 1:30 am and then every 20-30 minutes afterward, making a good night's rest impossible. I take 30mg and it has greatly aided me in sleeping through the night - because it's for temporary relief, I did not take it last night to see if I could do without it and was back to the constant waking. When taking Restoril I do feel slightly groggy in the morning when I wake, but it wears off quickly one you're up and moving. I'll gladly accept that over the effects of chronic sleep deprivation. I have had no experiences with sleepwalking or any other negative effects while taking this. It does state that the med is for temporary use, so I still need to work on the root cause of the waking, but I am highly satisfied with the short-term benefit. This medicine may not be the one for you if you have a hard time falling asleep - I can stay awake for quite a while after taking it if I'm working on something that holds my attention. This is more for maintaining sleep duration than for falling asleep, whereas Ambien will help with falling asleep (per my Dr.). If you are experiencing a lot of waking through the night, I would definitely recommend asking your doctor about it.

Related Reading: sleepwalking | Ambien

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 26

I have had chronic sleep issues for many years. I was on Ambien, but that was affecting my memory, I tried Lunesta, but I had had nasty side effects, Restoril was the only sleep medication that has worked well for me. I take it and within 40 minutes I am sleeping and I sleep fairly well. Restoril, for me, has been a great medication. I sleep very well with it.

Related Reading: Lunesta

Comment from: laratley, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

I had trouble sleeping for months, and now that on restoril I sleep well. I cant remember a night that I haven't had a peaceful nights sleep.

Comment from: katherine36502@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 20

Again, I switched from Ambien to Lunesta and now to Restoril.What is wrong with me??? Tonight I took 2 restoril and 2 lunesta ( 3mg) and here I am wide awake...Please mail suhhestions to katherine36502@aol.com. I am desperate!!

Comment from: skschiefer, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 17

I'm Bi-Polar...have Arthritis & Terrible Neck..Back...Shoulder & Knee Pain from a Car Wreck I was in over 3 & 1/2 Years ago. This is the only sleep medication that has ever worked for me! Other sleep medications do nothing for me...this is the only thing that works for me! I'm Blessed to finally be able to sleep at night since having my doctor prescribe it for me!

Related Reading: Arthritis | Knee Pain

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 08

I take restoril about 3 times a week and am very sleepy within 45 min...I sleep peacefully all night..at least for 8 hours and wake up refreshed. Great response.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 09

Restoril worked quite well for about 6 mos taking it almost nightly, now it only is effective for about 5 hours.

Comment from: support95, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 16

I suffer from many different health problems, of which, Fibromyalgia & Sleep Apnea are 2. I have trouble most nights w/ staying asleep,but I also do have times where I have trouble falling asleep. This is 1 of the many different meds I've tried for my sleep problems, but again I've run into a typical problem on this med,just like the others I've taken. The day after I take the med to sleep I'm extremly tired (fatigue)and drowsy, sometimes not waking up until 1 or 2pm., but if I don't take the med, like last night, I'm up the entire night never going to sleep and then the next day I'm again faced w/ the same problemssupport of the extreme fatigue and drowsiness.I really don't know what to do anymore. I am taking a few other meds that can cause fatigue and drowsiness also, so I'm sure that's alot of the problem, so just be aware, if your taking other meds, of their side effects and the possibilty of getting into this exhausting routine I'm in and don't know the answer to.

Related Reading: Sleep Apnea | fatigue