Restoril User Reviews

Restoril - User Reviews

Restoril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Restoril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: shiningstar, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

Started with 15mg the first night. It did nothing, I got 2 hours sleep. Doctor upped it to 30mg the second night. I got 5 hours of terrible sleep, woke up with a headache, and slight nausea. Will not use this again.

Comment from: davidjpwalsh, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

Allows me to drift off w/o panic or anxiety, and does not cause apnea or other scary side effects that disturb a good night's sleep

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 15

I've been having what I believe to be anxiety related insomnia. After about 5-6 days on about 4-5 hours of sleep I saw a doctor who prescribed me temazepam (restoril). After about 1 1/2 hours it got me to sleep but I always wake up after about 5 hours. It's difficult to get back to sleep when I wake up. I was given 15mg doses and have taken 30 with no improvement with the higher dose. That being said I've tried ambien cr and it works wonderfully for me. I do like the restoril as I haven't woken up feeling groggy or hungover, just a little tired. It helps to find out how long it takes you to fall asleep on it then take one pill. Once you're about to fall asleep take another one. That gave me about 6 1/2 hours.

Related Reading: ambien cr

Comment from: kathleen, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 26

this works excellent for insomina taking for a long period of time it will be habit forming. had troubles sleeping once i decreased dose.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 31

I have been taking Restoril for approx. 6 months and have found it very helpful in falling asleep. I have also tried Ambein and Lunesta and find the Restoril to be less likely to cause sleep walking and sleep eating. I would recommend.

Comment from: beth, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 15

After taking this med I do not fall asleep quickly. I can take this drug and still function very well for up to 2 hours. I do finally fall asleep but am not sure if it is from the drug or just finally relaxing enough to fall asleep. I do awaken frequently during the night even though I am on 30mg of restoril.

Comment from: annette, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

I am having breakthrough pain throughout the night (I'm pre-hip replacement) and not sleeping. My doctor prescribed this drug because Ambien was not really working for me and made me "sleep eat". I took it for the first time tonight and have been up all night feeling shaky and kind of jacked up. This is the 4th or 5th night of no or constantly interrupted sleep and its taking its toll. I'm not sure why I'm having the complete opposite effect with a sleep aid but this drug is just not for me and is going in the toilet!

Comment from: mydandees, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 15

I take this med about two nights a week depending on how the other nights sleep go. After a few nights of restless sleep I take this med and really get a good night sleep and then it seems that for the next couple of nights I sleep fine, then of course back to the sleepless nights and again take this med for the one night, seems frustrating but really this med helps me sleep with out having to take it night after night. I have been on this med for about a year or longer. Works well for me with out any problems.

Comment from: TEMAZEPAN, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 06

I HAD TROUBLE SLEEPING FOR YEARS AND I NOW CAN SLEEP AT LEAST 5 HOURS A NIGHT WITHOUT WAKING UP DURING THE NIGHT,I AM ON A TWO PER NIGHT DOSE WHICH MIGHT BE TO MUCH FOR OTHERS BUT IT WORKS FOR ME