Retin-A Micro User Reviews

Retin-A Micro - User Reviews

Retin-A Micro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Retin-A Micro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: RetinARadical, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 20

I had persistent acne (no redness) for a few years in my mid-to-late 20's. I am of east-indian background and don't have very sensitive skin. I LOVE this product. It was a rough start, which we all dread when we start using the product but well worth it. At first my skin got shiny, peeled a lot and the acne got worst. I struggled a bit with my makeup to conceal what I could for work. Within about 8 weeks it started to clear up. Now I dont have a SINGLE pimple. What is more amazing to me is that I dont have to use this product every day or every other day any more. I just use it once a week or so. It seems that my skin is used to it now, so I dont go back to the shine/more acne phase. This is the best part for me. Previously I had used Benzoyl P. products (akin to Proactiv): my sheets and towels were getting bleached, I was concerned about what the BLEACH was doing to my insides and if I missed ONE day I would have a flood of acne. Same thing with Salicylic Acid products. Although those two worked, I was dependent on them and my skin didn't look as good as it does know. For those of you who are using this for SCARRING, I would give it 3-6 months. Scarring generally doesn't go away that fast. I didn't realize it till I looked at pictures from December, just this week, but my scarring is all gone. It's a dream really. Also, FYI, I had no burning, stinging etc. I think it's because I used a very low dose (.01%) and it was Retin A MICRO. The MICRO component allows it to release slowly to avoid shocking your skin. Best of luck!! Hang in there and it will probably work. Often people who have success with products get lazy to write reviews and only the sob stories make it online. Read reviews with a grain of salt.

Related Reading: acne

Published: November 13

This was the only cream that has ever worked, although it took a few weeks to notice a real differance. I tried pro active aswell but after a couple of weeks with no real change I sorta gave up and stopped using it consistantly. I had to stop using retin-a when I became pregnant, and that was very upseting. not only did my acne come back but it came back with vengeance. If anyone has used product while breastfeeding let me know I what to get back on it asap!! oh also you CANNOT get your eyebrows waxed..at all! they tell you its ok if you aviod putting the cream in the surrounding areas for a few weeks..total lie that you'll regret as you apply a load of aloe to your raw skin.

Related Reading: retin-a

Comment from: lcw2008, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 24

Retin A has worked for me faster than any other acne medication however, I dont like the drying and peeling. I haven't really experienced any burning though...just peeling and redness. I work at a dermatology clinic so I get lots of advice and tips and the doctor there HIGHLY recommends Retin A and told me that over a period of using the drug for 5 years it helps with reducing aging. He has excellent skin so I'm listening to him.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 23

It took about 4 months before my skin start clearing but when it start clearing, the scars went away, few line went away, my skin looked like it never had severe acne before.

Related Reading: scars

Comment from: melissarn, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 06

I used this when I was younger and had severe acne. I eventually was able to get off all meds, but now, after 10 years of being off everything, I'm back on it. My cystic acne, blackheads, and little whiteheads are creeping back into my life. Ugh! I worked for a dermatologist for 6 years and am now employed by a major cosmetics company (to remain nameless), and let me tell you that there is nothing better to help cure acne. Yes, it will cause peeling and redness in the beginning, but if you stick with it, you will get the results you want. A good moisturizer is a must (frangrance free, etc.) and sunscreen is also. A lot of moisturizers now days have both in them. The key is to stick with it and just use a very small amount where needed, and if you see irritation, back it off to every other day. This is a great product and I would highly recommend it to anyone suffering from acne h---! And in regards to aging benefits as well, it's true. In fact, a lot of insurance companies will not pay on it until a doctor sends them a letter stating it's not being used for cosmetic purposes. So, you get clear skin and help with some fine lines and wrinkles too! Bottom line, it works, just stick with it and don't give up hope within the first month. It's worth it!

Related Reading: sunscreen | wrinkles

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 20

This worked for me. I had moderate but persistent adult onset acne. I was hesitant because of the warning that my acne may get worse. I started 1x every other night, then increased to every night. I think this lessened that part of the treatment. I have to be mindful of moisturizing or my face will get dry and peely. And I don't use any other acne drugs, just a good oil free cleanser. I have beautiful skin now. I still get a pimple here and there (5 a month or so). I can't pick them...my skin is tender and will tear. No waxing...no picking...moisturize, and be consistent and you can succeed on this drug. I reccommend it highly.