Retin-A Micro User Reviews

Retin-A Micro - User Reviews

Retin-A Micro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Retin-A Micro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: minilopmay, 13-18 (Patient) Published: June 20

My acne did get worse at first, and my face got a bit redder, but after a few months my face was completely clear of acne. After using it for a year I only get a solitary pimple here and there/on rare occasions. Retin-A also helped heal scarring.

Comment from: shemelly, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

I was on Retin-A Micro 0.1% several years ago for chronic acne, but my insurance would not pay for it, so I went back to "old reliable"--birth control pills. Other than the BCP's, the only other treatment (besides the Retin-A) that has ever worked for me has been mega-doses of tetracycline, which has damaged my liver. Obviously, the antibiotic is no longer an option for me. A few years ago, I began having seizures and had to begin a new regimen of medications which rendered my BCP's ineffective. As a result, my acne returned with a vengeance. Having dealt with this condition for 20 years, I was desperate enough to pay full price. Being nearly 40 with a pre-teen daughter, it is terribly embarrassing for me walking around with a face-full of hideous bumps. I did commission my insurance carrier, however, and with a prior authorization, they have agreed to pay for my Retin-A prescription. In a way, I wish that I had never stopped using it all of those years ago. I am currently going through the "sunburn" phase, but I know that in a few more weeks, I will once again have the complexion of a seven year old. While this medication works wonders for me and countless other, it may not work for everyone. It is very strong. I, personally have tried everything on the market to no avail. I would only recommend seeking treatment with this if you have tried everything else and are still having complexion problems.

Related Reading: Retin-A Micro | birth control | liver

Published: August 15

I have been on this product for only 3 weeks and Luv it!!! I have tried everything nothing worked and not only has this cleared up my skin but is removing the scars and wrinkles..I use botox on my forehead and this is just better im sooo happy I recoment it to anyone ..and yes ur skin will dry and might feel itchy but it goes away..best thing ever have paid for chemical peels had Laser this is better..

Related Reading: botox

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 24

I have cystic acne on my chin as well as other pimples that I have been fighting for years. After many trials and tribulations I found a good dermatologist and she prescribed this to me as well as Duac gel. There is a transition process with the retin A, it does cause burning (temporary) and peeling, but that is because it is shedding all the dead skin cells, and as long as you exfoliate at least 1/week it's not that bad. I use it 3-4X week, any more than that might be too much for my sensitive skin. I also used a combination of salicylic acid and sensitive skin cleansers. Retin A has been the ONLY thing to clear my skin. I stopped using it for a few months because my skin was doing so well, but sadly the acne came back, but the retin A cleared it up quickly ( less than 1 month) so I will continue to use it. Just important to wear sunscreen!!!

Related Reading: Duac

Comment from: O, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 18

I have been using retin a micro .1% for 4 months. I had a terrible initial breakout that lasted for the entire first 3 months. Everything is looking clear. My nose tends to get very dry and peel, but I'm currently looking at ways to prevent this from happening.

Comment from: -, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

I have mild acne. I have been on Retin-A micro for approximately 9 days. I apply it every evening. I noticed the results after the first night, and by results I mean, what I expected to occur. My skin began peeling and more spots appeared, but as I mentioned, this was expected. Then, after a couple of nights, the spots started disappearing as my skin continued to shed. At first I struggled with the peeling, but then I began a routine of Cerave hydrating cleanser at night to remove makeup and then rubbing my face with a mixture of granulated sugar and moisturizer which I would then rinse off in the mornings (this got rid of all the shedding skin). So far, there's been noticeable improvement. I have confidence that this product works.

Comment from: hopeful, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 04

Starting to see favorable results after 3 weeks of daily use at night. Need to keep your skincare regime simple to avoid interaction with other products that can cause a chemical reaction (burning, stinging & peeling), including cleansers. Regular vaseline gives instant relief to any flaking and itching, which has started to subside with regular use. Use only sparingly amounts of moisturizer as even the mildest contain a boatload of harsh ingredients. I only use a cleanser at night and rinse with warm then cool water in the morning. Also avoid foundation makeup, including minerals, if you are serious about wanting to clear up. By not over stripping my skin I have a nice natural glow. This is helping much more than Differin, Duac or Tazorac (which practically burned the skin right off me).

Related Reading: itching | Tazorac