Retin-A Micro User Reviews

Retin-A Micro - User Reviews

Retin-A Micro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Retin-A Micro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 01

I had a horrible experience with this product. I used it for 8 months and for the entire time my skin was constantly flaking and peeling off no matter how much I moisturized. It was even more disgusting than acne and impossible to cover up with makeup-makeup wouldn't even stick to my skin in that condition. Furthermore it did not clear my skin or reduce my scarring. Not only did I continue breaking out but I actually started breaking out in bigger and more persistent pimples in places I had never broken out before! Since stopping this medication and switching to a benzoyl peroxide product I have noticed a significant improvement in my skin. I would NOT recommend this product-for me, it only made things worse.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I've been using the gel for about 3 weeks, in the first week my acne became much worse. I then started to have peely, red very dry skin. I went and got a new face lotion with SPF(sun protection) in it and no other acne medications included in the lotion because that can make skin worse combining medications. My acne is finally starting to clear up but my face is red and very dry. So for the past week i've been using it every other night...hopefully it continues to get rid of the acne and not dry my face out as much.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: angelfri, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 17

I am a 43 year old acne suffer and this is the only thing that has been able to keep my acne under control.I have to use this product or within a week of not using it my acne returns with a vengence.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 01

You have to be very careful about costmetics, and washes. They need to be gentle and not have any other acne treatments in the ingrediants. I found my skin is very peely. My skin definitely has less pimples. I am going to keep using it.

Comment from: JanMG, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 09

I found this medication very effective. I use it at night, and use a gentle cleanser and SPF in the morning. It did make my skin much more sensitive, but it began clearing my skin almost immediately. Some areas cleared faster than others. It did cause my skin to peel a little in some places, but the dryness was easily remedied by gentle cleansers and moisturizers. I found that the best way to get the benefits and not many of the side effects was to use it every other night. Do not let the possible effects scare you- give it a try. Read the directions that come with the prescription carefully because it explains that the peeling and dryness will lessen as time goes on, which I found to be true. It also has specific rules for what ingredients to stay away from in the rest of your skin care. The product that I use to care for my skin and combat the effects of the medication are: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (to wash face), Olay Total Effects Fragrance Free Moisturizer ( SPF, moisture, and nutrients), and C.O. Bigelow Power Berry Mask from Bath and Body Works(to nourish and sooth dry, peeling skin-it worked like magic!).

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 28

After using consistently for a year my skin was clear but red,very dry and always peeling. Switched to Atralin which is less drying while extremely effective.

Related Reading: Atralin

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I used this, combined with an oral medication, in high school when I had bad acne. I tried Differin first, which was very ineffective. My dermatologist then prescribed Retin-A Micro, and it worked great. It got rid of troublesome zits in a few days of treatment. My only complaint is that it can really dry out the area of your skin on which you apply. This was not a big deal for me, I would just use a regular OTC hydrocortisone lotion for moisturize it and keep it from itching. Some dry skin is much better than red zits everywhere!

Related Reading: hydrocortisone

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 18

I like the medicine, though I agree that you have to WAIT at least 10 minutes after washing your face to apply or it stings. I actually was prescribed it to see if it could eliminate some scarring, sadly I haven't noticed a difference in that area though I am acne free.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

After using it for a couple weeks I cannot go on with it b/c my acne has gotten so much worse and the peeling, dryness and soreness is not worth it for me to continue and see if it clears up.