Revia User Reviews

Revia - User Reviews

Revia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Revia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DD, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

As an alcoholic, I kept relapsing every 3 to 5 months. This has prevented my relapes, and I had no urges to drink at all! Don't even like to see it or smell it!

Comment from: not as fat, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 13

I have gone to treatment 4 times. It wasn't until naltrexone that I got sober and like it. I was on it for 4 years and sober for 6 years. Then a 3 year relaspe. I have been back on naltrexone about a year and glad to be alive. The first two or three doses are like a bad acid trip, I would recommend a tranquilizer at night for the first few days. But after that you don't even know you have taken anything. Its just that the never-ending cravings are GONE! Its such a blessing. You don't even think about alochol and it doesen't bother you to be around it. Its a miracle! I thank God for people who found this drug. I have alot of arithis and a lot of pain. I have hydrocodone, but asprin works just about as good. I can deal with the pain alot better than being so sick from drinking a fifth of tequilla, or a gallon of wine. Plus I have lost a pile of weight. A case of beer has alot of calories.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

This medicine made me violently ill, painful, couldn't eat anything. It is not good for someone trying to gradually wean themselves off of alcohol. It is a huge shock to your body, not good. You need to be sober first if you take this medicine.

Related Reading: shock

Comment from: activemom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 04

I have taken this med. for 2 days and want to stop. I've experienced extreme anger, sadness and lethargy. In additional to being an alcoholic, I am also bipolar. Most disturbing for me was the constant sensation of NEEDING TO STRETCH - like when you first wake up. My muscles would tighten and I would have to outstretch both arms & legs up to 30 times in an hour. Very strange. Looked like I had turrets syndrome. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. After two days I've discountinued due to these side effects.

Comment from: MissNucci08, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 03

My Husband and I have been taking Naltrexone for a little over 4 months. I am was a IV Diladid user, using anywhere from 200mg to 300mg a day. I went to inpatient pack in Feb for 30 days but relaped in treatment and immediatly after. This drug caused us to loose our home and even our son we still could not stop. Since taking Naltrexone I have been clean with no cravings for over 4 months. We are close to having our son back. Life is getting back on track again. I highly recommend this to anyone struggling with addiction. It works!

Comment from: T3kids, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been on revia for 1 year for an opiate addiction. It has worked great for the cravings. The side effects have mostly subsided. In the beginning stomach cramps, nausea, hard to eat (appetite is still not great), but overall it has prevented me from any relapses in a yr.

Related Reading: revia

Comment from: faye59, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 25

i had nausea all the time and sometimes drank alcohol on it but a lot less

Comment from: life cruises on, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 23

I have been on revia for at least 5 years, all I know is you can't take it if on pain medication, vicodin etc... I was prescribed it as a side effect reducer to wellbuterin xl (increased eating habits). I am no longer on wellbuterin xl, and have stopped taking it....... I am bipolar

Related Reading: vicodin

Comment from: tm_thomas, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 11

my fiance was an opiate addict for 3 yrs and he went to rehab and gave him revia. he had withdrawal for the first few days and he toughed it out... now he has been clean for a yr and has made so much improvement! he's the man i fell in love with again.

Comment from: Renee, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 02

Feel bad, terrible diarreah and still have craving for Lortab.

From WebMD