Revlimid User Reviews

Revlimid - User Reviews

Revlimid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Revlimid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: TIMO34135, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 08

First diagnosed with MM in October 2008. Moved to FL and began Rx treatment in December 2008. I completed two cycles of Revlimid (25mg) and Dex (40mg at 10x4mg) before stopping all drugs three weeks before going to UAMS L'Rock, AR for stem cell harvesting in April 2009. Took no drugs from May 2009-Oct 2009 when at that time I had a tandem stem cell transplant procedure at UAMS. As a follow-up to my stem cell transplants, I as put on a daily (every day, w/no days off) regiment of Revlimid 15mg as a maintenance drug and have been on it daily, ever since. I have had minimal side effects: occasional feeling of being extra tired, infrequent muscle twitching (leg), some muscle cramps (usually resolved w/a Potassium supplement). The daily Rev seems to be working, but the financial cost is huge! My annual out of pocket cost, even with Rx insurance, will be in the neighborhood of 12,000 USD. In the scheme of things, I suppose it is a small price to pay for another year of life. Still, I would like to see the cost of Revlimid reduced significantly, not only for me, but more so for others who have less of an ability to pay and need to take Revlimid for their MM.

Comment from: mcgahey, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 20

My 62 yr old mother found out the bad news on 06/011/10 and is in stage 3, and has been taking Revlimid for about 2 weeks (21/7). She complains of no side effects. She remains in constant pain in her back and stays in bed most days. For the longest time, her family dr. kept telling her that her back pain was due to back spasms. A year later, at the University Hospital, she is in stage 3 Multiple Myeloma. I have read all the posts on here and my heart goes out to those who have lost your loved ones, and say God is Great to those who are well....I hope my mother pulls through this as well. But its all in God's Hands now....

Comment from: marion.bouley79@gmail.com, 75 or over Published: July 18

My husband is having a problem with loss of balance and also experiencing signs of dimentia (not serious), but more often as time goes on. This is his second time of taking Revlimid.

Comment from: Liz, 65-74 (Patient) Published: December 21

Caused my skin color to change darker especially in the palms of my hands. My red and white counts elevated. My platelets did decrease, but my energy level is not what it is now since I am no longer taking the highest dose available wich I think may have been the problem.

Comment from: Cario, 55-64 (Patient) Published: August 11

This drug takes down the level of my IGG, but never gets below 1900. After a month or so the IGG level slowly rises again. I had such bad side effects with Decadron that I really don't want to start taking it again.

Comment from: merek, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 17

MM(4,14)with collapsed vertabre Nov 2009. Dex did nothing. Apr-May 2010 Valcade/dex had partial response. June Auto Stem cell Transplant. All levels normal till April 2011 then started Revlimid/Dex 21/7 on/off. Only 2 weeks in so far. Heart pounds on minor activity, some isses sleeping and being tired but not too bad. Muscles very sore days 3-5. Frequent urination. Only bad part is heart pounding. Sometimes I feel "thick". Feel warm or hot. Will update in a month or so.

Comment from: Richard Thigpen , 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 12

Before I started taking revilmid,I slept sitting on a computer chair for five montor hs.After being on the revilmid for two days, I felt 70% better.