Reyataz User Reviews

Reyataz - User Reviews

Reyataz User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Reyataz sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Rino, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 30

Have been on Reyataz in combination with Truvada for the almost three years now. This is my first protease inhibitor and have to say that it has agreed extremely well with me. No problems whatsoever! After 6 1/2 years on my previous combination therapy, Reyataz in combination with Truvada feels like I have gained a new lease on life! I have my blood counts done every quarter, and there have been no liver abnormalities since I began taking this medication. Be proactive in your health care!

Related Reading: Reyataz | Truvada | liver

Comment from: jimzplace3546@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 26

I switched from Viracept in an attempt to stop the eternal diahrrea. I was not warned by my hiv doc and when I was tested several months later my liver enzymes were all elevated over 300. I am now treating my liver with diet, obviously a change to another drug and my enzymes are dropping rapidly. However, thje jury is still out on my chances. We as yet, have not done a biopsy and I am feeling better. Please keep your fingers crossedd for me. I am a68 year old man hiv+ over 113 years with excellent CD 4's and undetectable viral load. BEWARE OF THIS DRUG. TELL YOUR PROVIDER YOU WANT A COMPREHENSIVE LIVER PANEL WITHIN 10 DAYS OF STARTING IT PLEASE. As you can see I am not a happy camper with this drug or with my doc.

Related Reading: Viracept

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been taking this medication for 5 years. At first had a lot of vomitting and diarhea (about 3 weeks). No complaints now. Viral load undetectable and CD4 count 1500.

Comment from: manuel, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 02

easy to take .no side effects except for fat deposits in the neck and abdominal areas.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: July 12

i find myself tired all the time.

Comment from: RinoRossini@hotmail.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 17

After 4 1/2 years on Reyataz in combination with Truvada I have to report that I am changing regiment. Reyataz has served me very very well and I am very very happy. However these last six months my bilirubin levels continue to be very, very high although my other liver functions continue to be normal. I don't know what it all means, but I stronly recommend Reyataz and continue to recommend that you be proactive in your treatment and learn as much as you can about your medications and the effect they have on your wellness.

Comment from: tommy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 18

Switched from Trizivir/Kaletra to Reyataz/Epzicom. Liver enzymes quadrupled (negative for Hep A,B,C, no alcohol) in first month and a different type of fatigue set in. Two months into into new regimen and it seems to be only a nominal improvement over old. Regimen choices seem to be either high cholesterol or liver damage.

Related Reading: Trizivir | Epzicom | fatigue

Comment from: Glory, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 15

No side effects, all is well and very happy with this medication.

Comment from: Charlie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 29

Started my first HART therapy with reyataz, truvada and norvir 2 yrs ago. 1st diagnosed HIV+ in 1988. This is 1st go at treating the HIV. CD4, <100 before and now is >200. Viral load vanished to undetectable. Happy with the results, however have had some minor overall health changes, i.e., mood changes, muscle weakness, trouble sleeping, frequent thirst/urination and more tired than before therapy started. Overall though I am able to live with these minor changes. As stated in previous reviews..YOU MUST be proactive with this disease and your HIV Doc. Best to all of you with HIV.

Related Reading: norvir

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.