Rilutek User Reviews

Rilutek - User Reviews

Rilutek User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rilutek sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: playcfire2, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

med is smalll enough to be able to take with no problem in regards to swallowing. However, if you don't get it down right away and it softens in the mouth, you do experience numbness and tingling of the tongue and mouth.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 13

I have no problems with this drug, no side effects. My doctor did knock me down from 2 pills a day to 1 because my liver enzymes were up. I get that checked every month, and my liver has been fine.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: ekeent, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 06

Have been on this drug for 3 months now and so far still do not know if it's working for me or not. One thing I do not like about this drug is that I have to swallow it quickly because it dissolves pretty quick. if it stays in my mouth I'll have the feeling of numbness and burning and caused me to cough. Numbness stays for about 10 minutes so I had to rinse it out or swallow something to drink. Drug must be taken on an empty stomach and for me since my tongue controls everything that I put in my mouth so I ended up having to swallow some food to scraped the burning sensation. Yes, very tough drug.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 1369WALS, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

MADE ME VERY SLEEPY & AM CONSIDERABLY WEAKER & UNABLE TO FUNCTION AS WELL AS I USED TO. REDUCED DOSE FROM 50MG BID TO 25MG QD(ONCE A DAY)& WEAKNESS & SLEEPINESS STILL THERE BUT NOT AS BAD.

Comment from: cwilson1030, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 09

Not sure if is helps or is just like a sugar pill.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 13

I have had a lot of side effects such as vomiting, stomach cramps, being dizzy a lot and feeling tired. I don't know if its working or not.

Comment from: just, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 28

I've only been on this drug for one month and so far I have no idea what it does to me. Although, my doctor has ordered for me to have a blood test every month and my first was just recently and I have no idea what the lab will find hopefully none. I will come back here to do another review as soon as I find out any progression for my condition from my Neurologist.

Comment from: fightingformom, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 22

Rilutek contains Titanium Dioxide. High levels of Titanium dioxide are linked to respiratory tract cancer. The International Agency for Research on Cancer considers this carcinogenic to humans. Rilutek has a warning if cough developes or difficulty in breathing discontinue drug. And most patients with ALS eventually die from discontinued lung function. ALS has been considered caused from exposure to mercury and heavy medals. Please research and find out more!

Related Reading: Rilutek | cancer

Comment from: smallspuds, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 24

Using for three months. Second liver function test abnormal, third less so. Feeling more fatigued and seems to be increasing rather than maintaining former levels. Edema in my lower legs presumably because of more difficulty with mobility. Have developed insomnia over the last couple of weeks. I'm going to keep up until I see my doc in May, unless the insomnia continues or I get weaker. Then I'll call and request an earlier appointment.

Related Reading: Edema | insomnia

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

On it for 4 months and after 3rd liver test increase had to quit. hope someone else has better luck

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.