Risperdal Consta User Reviews

Risperdal Consta - User Reviews

Risperdal Consta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Risperdal Consta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sarah, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 08

I took this for about 3 years for Bipolar 1 mania. I was non-compliant on oral meds, and in the hospital more than I was out because of my symptoms. It took a while for my moods to regulate, but eventually,it worked better than anything else. I have not had an episode in three years, nor, of course, been hospitalized. It helps me because it takes away my ability to be non-compliant, because I do it in a doctors office, and because it is only every two weeks. Overall, it is one of the things that helped me return to a normal life.

Comment from: 'Shelby', 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 01

Following nearly ten years mostly psychotic, it took several months to see major results. Continuing improvement came over a two year period. Has now been 'normal' for over three years!! Doesn't necessarily like the shots but the results are great. No noticeable side effects.

Comment from: irishone21, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

I feel as thought once the shot wears off I feel flat... I wasn't like this this before, so it seems as thought the medication actually caused negative symptoms of skitzophrenia by treating them.

Comment from: stefunny, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 02

I have been consecutively on this med for about a year and a half. It has worked miracles but I have VERY HIGH prolactin levels because of it and have to take pills three times a day to try to keep it from going higher. I don't know which is the worse of the two evils...but my prolactin is definately a concern and MAJOR inconvienance. My Bi-Polar is totally under control though. I do not like having to drive to twon to my Dr pffice every two weeks though, it is a bit inconvienant for me, but the pill form did not produce the results of this shot. I would highly recommend it, but beware of your prolactin levels.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 21

I was being hospitalized every 4 to 5 months before being put on the shot. It makes me very tired the day I get it. But other than that I have had no side effects and been taking it for 9 months.

Comment from: rugar13007, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 31

it sucks

Comment from: lakristi, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 23

This med is the devil and has irreversible side effects. Impotence, restlessness, loss of concentration, it damages your brain. After having awful suicidal thoughts the doctor has withdrawn the treatment 8 weeks ago but I am still feeling dreadful. Don't take it unless you want to say bye-bye to happiness

Comment from: oliver, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 22

risperdal consta = death in the next 3 to 4 years unfortunately there's no therapeutic alternatives.it's pure poison

Related Reading: risperdal consta

Comment from: etienne, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 12

i take risperdal consta since 18 months,because i was not compliant with pills of risperdal.Now i'm having very serious problems with this drug,since 3 months i get constant dizziness,impossibility to concentrate,feel like i'm going to fall down when i walk,headhaches,hypersensitivy to noice and more and more.i told my doctor about this side effects and he tells not to stop the injections because there's no therapeutic alternatives to this form of risperdal.this product is about killing me and nobody has a solution to keep me out of this nightmare.The fda can't let janssens put such poisons in the market whithout rigourous controls before.Now i'm going to die as many other peapole was have taken this drug.That's all i wanted to say.

Related Reading: risperdal | dizziness

Comment from: reva, 45-54 (Patient) Published: June 26

I have been on risperidal consta for the last 5 years because i was hearing voices in my head which stopped on its own but not due to the medication. Is there any way I can stop the psychiatrist from giving me the injections. I am completely normal for the last so many years and I don't know how the medication can be stopped once it is started. The psychiatrist has said that I must take it all my life. It is very expensive to take this medication all your life and is a drain on my resources. Among the side effects are weakening of the muscles of the eye (I am not able to open my eyelids when i get up in the morning). doctor refuses to stop the injections. Even my calf muscles seem to have weakened and I fear that my heart muscles and other muscles in my body may have weakened also due to this strong injection that I have been taking for so many years now. I have also put on weight due to the medication but psychiatrist is not attributing it to the injection and continues to treat me wiht it because he thinks the more expensive the drug, the better it is. I would like to know what will make the psychiatrist stop the medication all together.