Risperdal Consta User Reviews

Risperdal Consta - User Reviews

Risperdal Consta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Risperdal Consta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: October 14

Janssen Cilag have better products!

Comment from: andrew, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 07

This has been the only medication that is able to keep my symptoms in check. It has helped me into be able to say I am in Recovery.

Comment from: vasjr_1979, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 25

This medication is a wonder drug I have been getting the injections 37.5mg for a little over 3 years striaght for my paranoid schizophrenia episodes and I can say I haven't been in any trouble since but there are some draw backs my doctor says I have a flat affect now and I have gained like 30lbs over the years but its great oh yeah the shots hurt like I dont know what thank you Risperdal Consta

Related Reading: schizophrenia

Comment from: Chris, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 12

No side effects.That is what i like the most about risperdol consta.I get a 25mg shot once every to weeks.That is the minimum dose.I was on other medication in the past and it ruined my life.Thank God for risperdol Cansta.P.S. I'm ok now.

Comment from: Paul, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 22

3 words to describe risperdal consta"rest in peace"

Comment from: etienne, on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 13

i take risperdal consta since 18 months,because i was not compliant with pills of risperdal.Now i'm having very serious problems with this drug,since 3 months i get constant dizziness,impossibility to concentrate,feel like i'm going to fall down when i walk,headhaches,hypersensitivy to noice and more and more.i told my doctor about this side effects and he tells not to stop the injections because there's no therapeutic alternatives to this form of risperdal.this product is about killing me and nobody has a solution to keep me out of this nightmare.The fda can't let janssens put such poisons in the market whithout rigourous controls before.Now i'm going to die as many other peapole was have taken this drug.That's all i wanted to say.

Comment from: schz, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 10

I was submited to the hospital against my will, and forced to take these shots. I smoked hasj before i was submitted, and when i got out of the hospital i tried smoking again. Lets just say it damn near killed me. So this is the worst thing they could have done to me..

Related Reading: smoking

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: September 06

I write this on behalf of my son, who had 2 unsuccessful & horrific suicide attempts that coincided with Risperdal Consta injections. With the 3rd attempt he ended his life.

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: daisy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 31

My son is on this I am trying to find me some help paying for this so he may stay on this one. Please help 304-325-3523

Comment from: Why Not? BP aTX, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 28

I took Risperdal when I entered treatment for Bipolar 1 (Major Depressive) along with alcohol and meth addiction (snorter). I was in psychosis from the substance abuse and untreated bipolar. I needed the antipyschotic. It worked well to help me get back to reality. I experienced pretty bad side effects: rapid weight gain, major ticks and uncontrolled body movements, saliva gathering at creases in mouth, body core overheating without notice, extreme lethargy. But! I came back to reality during my seven months on the drug. And sixty five pounds later I was happier fat and sane than skinny and insane. It stabilized my mood, eased the delusions, started the brain chemistry back on track and allowed me to think again. I had brain fog. I moved onto Invega a second generation of Risperdal from what I was told with far less side effects. I'm glad I was not on it very long. As far as antipsychotics go, one must be aware of the potency and how strong they can be as far as side effects. Please take precautions ie avoid heating up as I did not realize how I could suddenly heat my core and hit the ground. But you can take other drugs for the ticks and it really worked on the psychosis for me. I toughened up on this drug. It made many I went onto the past six years seem tame... Relativity... and sanity. It did work. It hurt and I got fat but I got better.

Related Reading: ticks | Invega