Risperdal User Reviews

Risperdal - User Reviews

Risperdal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Risperdal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: happy mom, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 19

my 10 yr old son has been taking this for 5 years, he has add and a mood disorder. This drug has been terrific in treating his tantrums, anxiety ,and irritability. He is easy to reason with and able to take direction, disappointment and change in stride. Additionally, he is able to sleep.He is currently taking .5 mg at bedtime. I do encourage parents to try this drug, but in conjunction with many other forms of therapy. I have seen this drug work miracles for children with PDD and ASD issues. It has changed our son and it has made us a happier family.

Related Reading: anxiety | sleep

Comment from: Smit_209, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 20

My 5 year old son has been taking this to help with his hyperactivity, and he is also on the Autism spectrum. We have had good luck with this medication in calming him down so he learn during the day and manage his behaviors better. he also used to not sleep at night (he was averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night) for almost a year! now he is able to sleep through the night. its been a godsend. he currently takes .5 mL at breakfast and .25 mL before bed.

Comment from: pepsi_girl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 17

My son was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 6 and at first we had him on Straterra and it worked for a little while with his anger and fits, but it didn't help much with his impulsiveness and then it stopped working on his outbursts and when I took him back to the doc, she mentioned this one to me and I figured we would give it a shot and so far it has worked great. He doesn't get angry too much any more and he can actually think about his actions first.

Comment from: I would rather be dead!, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 05

I am a 27 yr. old male. I have always had times where I have, you could say, went crazy. I have had extreme highs and extreme lows. In a rage I stuck a steak knife in my chest twice. Then was hospitalized. There they put me on this medication. At first I thought it was helping wonderfully. After about 6 months I began to hate myself on it. I never had any emotion. No happiness, no sadness, and no anger. All are vital to being a human being, as long as none are extreme. I decided to quit cold turkey. Did not take long till I was losing my mind, literally. At the time I had no idea why, I just thought I must really be crazy and need this medicine. Then I would take it again. Then of course quit. I spent another 6 months trying to live a normal life. I don't remember most of this time. It is time I will never get back. I just know that if ever I really wanted to die it was this time. My brain was screaming at me daily, hourly, minutely, and every second. No one including doctors understood what was wrong with me. It was a nitemare. To put anyone through any of this is horrible. To be on it was horrible. The dreams, the no emotion, the not wanting to live. Still every show that I watched when I was on this, when they come on I get the most horrific feeling when they come on. The side effects to using this will never, I do believe, completely go away. I would rather be dead than be on this. That is coming from the heart. Please make sure you or your loved one is in dyer need of this before taking. It will ruin yours and those around you's life.

Comment from: Cypher, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 05

I took this drug for anxiety and was never the same. My life has been ruined by this drug. Because of it, I can no longer feel emotions, sleep soundly, stay still, remember simple things, get an erection, or relate to other people. I have been off the drug for months now and I still feel like a lobotomized zombie. Honestly, I'd rather it had killed me.

Comment from: zooyork79, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 22

i was diagnosed with major Depression Disorder in 2002. I was given Risperdal 30days ago and it changed my life! I have energy during the day, not tired all the time, i have a smile on my face. I am me again:)

Comment from: Cam, 3-6 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 03

My son has Mild Autism and had bad temper tantrums and anxiety. This first approved Autistic drug has made my childs life more normal.

Comment from: jenfri71, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 06

my 6yr old son just started this medication a week ago. he has adad, autism, and the dr. suppects bipolar. for the past several months he has not been able to behave in school after starting this medication he has been darn near perfect. staying on top of his work and behaving. it helps him get to bed at a decent time tho he doesnt sleep thru the nite. the school nurse said that nothing may help with that. but i'm happy with the results

Comment from: Andrea, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 11

My 10 year old has been on 0.25 mg and I have seen it help, but I do not like the side effects!!!!!! He is starting to have ticks and tremors and wets his pants plus he wets his bed EVERY NIGHT!!!!!!! He now has to wear pull ups!!! I knew that these were the side effects before going in but knew that everybody is different. I will be taking my son off the med w/dr.'s help this week! There has got to be a better alternative than these meds for children w/bipolar and ADHD!!!!

Related Reading: ticks | tremors