Risperdal User Reviews

Risperdal - User Reviews

Risperdal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Risperdal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mommy2, 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 18

Our daughter has been on risperdal for many years. It was like a miracle cure for our daughter with Autism. She is very obsesive. This medicine helped with that and she would not sleep. This medicine helped with sleep. Now years later I wish we knew more of the side effects our daughter is now showing all the bad side effects. She looks like she has parkinism. She ended up having breast discharge. She is having twisting of he extremities. Her feet are turned inward, her musles are pulling her hips out of their sockets.Doctors had a hard time determing that it was the medicine. Please be careful with this medicine and know the side effects. A miracle turned into a nightmare, but most other medicines work on the same part of the brain and effect the body's dopamine.

Related Reading: breast | dopamine

Comment from: lcopley1, 3-6 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: April 19

My 4 yr old son has been taking this med for 6 months. He started on 0.5 mg once a day and is up to 1.5mg. He initially starting taking it because he was not responding to behavorial therapy. He was diagnosed with ODD, including severe agression. While the med helped initially, lately we have noticed his agression coming back. Now that he is responding well to therapy and behaving much better, I'm thinking if taking him off the meds. He has gained about 10 lbs. Aside from sleepiness, we have not noticed any other side effects.

Comment from: Oakley4, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 20

My son has ADD and was put on risperdal to stimulate his appetite. The only thing the medicine did was slow my sons processing process and give him short term memory problems. He also became extremely paranoid and suffered from severe anxiety. As a parent I wouldn't recommend it for that reason.

Comment from: Shoegal08, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 04

The only problem w/this medication is it made me too tired to function, even cut into quarters, and the effect didn't wear off. However, I've been on just about everything else w/no luck. This saved me. I think anyone out there that needs help sould try it! Good luck!!!!!!!!