Ritalin LA User Reviews

Ritalin LA - User Reviews

Ritalin LA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ritalin LA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mariecopage, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 02

I am 28yrs old and I been on this medication for about three years now,yeah it help a lot, I kept my job finally for 4 years and I was able focus on school, this medication was a miracle to me! so I thought. I am on 30miligrams a day and it seems that my body has been reacting different towards it.I think I'm getting immune to the drug, I find myself emotionally unstable,and lately I have really bad ticks,prickling and my thumbs and my focus has been off as well. It's scary because I really want to get off of it before things get worse, the only thing stopping me is school, I worry that I will be completely off focus and I wont be able to finish school. Today I didn't take it and i was in a great mood, normally when I'm on it I am depressed and guarded. I really don't know what to do from here.

Related Reading: ticks

Comment from: pawprints1959, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 20

This medication has made a tremendous difference in my life. I was diagnosed at 45 years old with ADHD and wonder how much better my life could have been if I'd been diagnosed as a child!

Comment from: ldybug4805, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 27

I have ADD without the hyperactivity for 20 years and ritalin has been the only medicine thats worked but the 24 hour pill has moe extreme side effects.

Published: February 15

My dr. prescribed this for a deep fatigue due to pain and depression and it has done a very good job reducing the fatigue. I have had some shakes from it, but not too bad

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: tpgriffin, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 24

This medication has greatly helped my son with his mental disorder. He is such a better person.

Comment from: sharkfit, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 06

This medication has worked very well! I am 36 years old and I have finally been able to keep the same job(going on 5 years) I used to get 2 or 3 speeding tickets a month. I have not received a single one since I started taking ritalin 5 years ago!

Comment from: Al442, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 10

Prescribed to help me pass my Engineering exams. Although I give it great reviews, its more for what its not prescribed for than what it is. I got A's and B's in Calculus 1,2,3, Physics 1,2, and Chemistry 1,2 sequence plus Diff EQ. But, this drug will make you want to have sex all day and it is a distraction. Its almost painful how the mind will not deviate from this topic. Also, when the drug wears off many people feel "nervous" but in my opinion this is when you can get the most work done because whatever you focus on will be worked on, you just have to ignore the depression or jitters. Do not take this drug everyday! I took 30mg capsule about once a week and the mind really doesn't stop racing for about a week. You can sleep about 24 hours after taking a 30mg capsule, but the mind seems to remember how to function correctly well after that. One final note is that when the drug does wear off, waking up is very very difficult, but sleeping is very enjoyable.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I started this medication three days ago. Although it works just as well as shorter dose, I find that when it wears off, I have a drop off ... sadness is the best way to describe it. The information that came with it did not mention this issue, but things I have read since mention the possibility.

Comment from: smokinjj, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 25

I take Ritalin LA for Narcolepsy. Other medications were tried; Provigil put me to sleep for 14 hours. I took Provigil twice - the Docs had trouble understanding. Ritalin LA works for me. I take 60 mg each morning & live a normal life; without it, nothing is normal

Related Reading: Narcolepsy | Provigil

Comment from: Cherry Ann, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

Only been on it for a month. It seems to be okay; although I start going down hill around 3:00PM. Was on Provigil, 300 mg, for years and it too stopped providing help with my fatigue & tasking (Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis). What is the maximum dosage for MS patient on Ritalin LA. Oh, by the way... it works great for my tasking problem.

Related Reading: Multiple Sclerosis