Ritalin User Reviews

Ritalin - User Reviews

Ritalin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ritalin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

i used to not be able to focus on anything, and the day i took ritalin for the FIRST TIME i was able to write a 4 page pager for my english final

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 21

i am who i am because of it and people around me can stay around me and want to be my friends

Comment from: cider_2007@verizon.net, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 15

I have been taking Ritalin for approx. 3yrs this last time at the following dose: 2 -20mg Ritalin tabs three(3)times a day About 5yrs prior to this usage I took 1-15mg tab three(3)times a day. My present usage has helped me quite a bit with both ADHD AND Bipolar Depression; however, I Still frequently and often misplace papers of importance. This is Very frustrating and can cause situational depression, that is solved when I am able to relocate my papers. I DEFINITELY have to give this med. a 2"thumbs up" sign in all respects. I occassionally experience inappropriate anger, but can usually recognize it and adapt to it before it gets detrimental. I pay CLOSE attention tha I NEVER misuse/abuse this med. and have medication left over at the end of my "months" supply by only taking one tablet for the last dose.

Comment from: angelomqt, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 25

My son has been taking ritalin for three years now. he only takes it during the week while in school. It has helped him greatly. He is able to sit still and focus on his school work, as well as helping him stay organized while at school. For the first two years he took 5mg and now he has been bumped up to 7.5mg. I think after awhile he kind of got "immune" to the dosage. Thats when our MD bumped the dosage up to 7.5mg. Overall I have been very pleased with the results and so has he. Without ritalin I am sure he would of had to repeat 2nd and 3rd grade.

Comment from: GoGoSarah, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

I was prescribed 10 mg twice a day and now I'm up to 20 mg twice a day. I have never felt better. I'm not tired anymore, I can focus more then I have ever in my enitre life. If there is noise in the back ground will studying I can still focus. It an amazing drug. I've only been on it for two months but this is the wonder drug I have been looking for my entire life. I have struggled through my educational life but now my grades are better, my mood, my marriage. Its wonderful. I do make sure that I drink a small amount of caffefine will on it to subside the side effects. This is my 'trick' to curving the negative side effects. Best wishes to all!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 13

I have been diognosed with adult add. I have only been taking Ritalin for a few weeks - but I notice a big change. I can focus so well. I don't have to read and re-read something to "get it". It does seem to wear off about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, so I know I need to get all my school work done in the morning to maintain my "focus" It has been a great help to me.

Comment from: NaturalRemedyMan4Ever, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 23

This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. My information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. I am not a doctor. This drug seriously and I mean seriously damaged me. It enlarged my heart, gave me a heart attack, made my palms very sweaty, my body jittery and depressed most of the time and actually made my concentration many times worse. I became unable to feel rested on this drug and it took me hours to fall asleep. This drugged completely turned me against the use of any drugs in the human body. By simply giving myself large amounts of very nutrient dense foods (fresh farmers market organic produce) and completely removing all unnatural food additives (food colorings, monosodium glutamate, refined sugar...) I was able to completely cure my ADHD, feel calm and relaxed all the time. 8 hours of intense studies is now easily in reach for me. I would suggest to people that before using this drug to perhaps get off the sugar, msg, food colorings, low vitamin and mineral foods as thousands of studies show the relation between nutrition and mental abilities. Also, let me tell you that getting off this drug was very painful and saddening for me. Talk to your doctor about this, all the information that I am telling you is my own opinion and I am not a medical doctor, though I now have over 8000 thousand hours of nutritional studies. The only reason I am saying this is because I feel that if i don't say this, I am breaking the law and they will remove this review.

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

I have MS, with all the other pills I take, and the disease symptoms, I can't stay awake during a conversation. So far this is the best at helping me to stay awake.