Rituxan User Reviews

Rituxan - User Reviews

Rituxan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rituxan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sally, 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 07

I have nothing but good to say about this drug! I have used it for 4 years and it has changed my life! I only have infusions once a year and have not had any adverse side effects. It is wonderful!

Comment from: Joy1010123, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 18

After just two treatments with Rituxan, I am cancer free. That was within 6 months after being put on Rituxan for Follicular lymphoma.I had no side effects from this drug. This drug has saved my life. I am very greatful for this wonderful drug.

Related Reading: Rituxan | cancer

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 03

It was used as an alternative treatment for my Auto-Immune Disease (ITP). The treatment sessions was unpleasant. The results of the treatment have been amazing. I've been at a stable level for 9 months now. Thank you Doctors & Nurses!

Comment from: ladidi5234@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 01

Miracle drug! I was at Stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma and after my first treatment my spleen and lymph nodes were all normal and the fluid around my lung was gone and after my 4th treatment I was cancer free and have been for 3 years now. I did receive Rituxan every six months for two years to prevent the cancer from returning and had no side effects! Great drug!

Comment from: kcpchc@cox.net, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

Rituxan IV has been every effective in the treatment of my ITP (autoimmune disease). My platelets have risen in number. I am so thankful to my doctor and physcian assistant for looking for alternative methods of treatment for my autoimmune disease.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 28

I was at stage 4 non hodgkins lymphoma, went on the Rituxan and six months later was cancer free, no hair loss or bad side effects, only a little sleep loss the day of treatment due to the other drugs involved.Did 2yrs of preventative treatment one week every 6 months. Still cancer free after three year. Thank You Rituxan !!

Related Reading: hair loss | sleep

Comment from: vickichick, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 07

I just started my second round of infusions. I have the second in this series in two weeks, then I'm done for another 6 months. This one went much smoother than the first round. I had an allergic reaction during my treatment and it took 6 hours to complete. I have to take Benadryl and Steroids along with the Rituxin. I slept most of my treatment from the Benadryl and then couldn't sleep that night from the Steroids! Other than being a little achy and having the chills, I feel fine. Hallelujah!!

Related Reading: Benadryl

Comment from: teresafromky, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 24

I'm a 44 year old female who was diagnosed with RA 18 years ago. I was hoping this wonder drug would be the one that works for me. Unfortunately, I've had some tough side effects that aren't necessarily listed on the drug website. Extreme fatigue, swelling of the feet, coldness in my lower legs & feet, tremors, even joint pain have been my experience. It's been a month since my first infusion and I'm praying for the day it will be completely out of my system. The cost for my first infusion was over $13,000 - I would have felt better if they gave me the money rather than the medicine! :)

Related Reading: fatigue | tremors

Comment from: seboyd, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 24

I DO NOT HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS WITH THE RITUXAN, OTHER THAN THE FATIGUE, BUT THAT COULD JUST BE THE CANCER. I ALSO GET THE IMMUNOGLOBULIN WITH THE RITUXAN. IT WORKS FOR ME!

Comment from: vwohllaib, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 30

I take tylenol and benedryl before treatment. That helps with any possible side affects. (fever and allergic reaction). When I get the infusion it takes 5 hours, they give it very slowly to determine how it will affect you. My blood pressure usually goes down, which is not serious, but it happens. I am fortunate that I do not experience any other side affects from the drug.

Related Reading: tylenol | fever