Rituxan User Reviews

Rituxan - User Reviews

Rituxan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rituxan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Eva, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 27

During first infusion, my throat started itching and I got a slight reaction.Doctor added more benadryl and slowed down the drip. Two weeks later I had the 2nd infusion and they did it very slowly.Into the IV they injected steroid, benadryl and gave me 2 Tylenol.I had to wait almost 2 months before the Rituxan kicked in.They gave me a Medrol Pack to help me get into remission.I am now not suffering with rheumatoid arthritis pain and it is a blessing, but I have come down with the Shingles on the left side of my torso and it is very painful and itchy.I am feeling very tired and fatigued. I took antiviral meds for one week. Not sure if the Rituxan lowered my immune system and that is why I got the Shingles. Hanging in there.I will see my Rheumy next week to discuss this.

Related Reading: itching | Medrol | rheumatoid arthritis

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

This drug worked for me. I had ITP and was down to 4,000. I know have 175,000. I had no problems with this drug.

Comment from: linda, 45-54 (Patient) Published: March 05

I was prepared right in order to avoid side effects from Rituxan with steroidal IV and Benadryl first hour. 2 hr into Rituxan infusion I developed severe side effects, life threatening. If the excellent team of doctors and nurses wouldn't work on me with knowledge and experience, I wouldn't write here. Right after 2 hr into infusion I developed terrible itch in ear and scalp; in 2 sec burning pain developed from scalp down to my feet followed by huge dark purple hives and huge blisters all over my body. Oxygen tank was administered when my throat started to close and I hardly remember anything after. I was for another 8 hr at the hospital on steroids (IV) and IV anti histamines. 3 weeks after, I still on Prednisone and Benadryl, still terrible pain/sensitivity of the scalp and ears, terrible itch of the scalp. Due to life threatening experience I cant even use Rituxan again. I cant even describe the burning pain all over the body, such a scary experience. I don't wish this on anyone. Please be very aware of side effects and immediately let the nurse know if you feel any changes. Seconds matter to save your life, this is not a joke-drug. Best of luck to you

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: yvie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

I am a 50 year old woman, who has suffered with rhumatoid for 15 years, and have failed on all the drugs I have been offered, I recently have had Rituxan and thought it was probably working untill this week when the coughing started again,and wheezing lung problems, will there ever be a drug I can take that does not cause this side effect, I cannot go from the house because of the coughing choking and wheezing, so there is no point in being able to walk I may as well be bedridden, can anyone help with this problem. I am getting so down with it all.

Comment from: btty, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I am going through my 2nd set of treatment. My body usually hurts all over neck to toe. Treatment takes all this pain away. My only problem is feverish checks and lower temperature with chills. I find hot teas and resting it out for a day helps. Then wow no pain. I used all the other drugs from Enbrel to Orencia and they work very well but since my condition is full body I find this is the longest I go without pain and I feel stronger and healthier.

Related Reading: Enbrel | Orencia

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 02

My hematologist perscribed this medication for my chronic ITP (platelets below 5,000) and I had already had my spleen removed for the initial occurance 9 years ago. The initial treatment was very unpleasant, it gave me hot and cold flashes, chronic cough and my throat went numb. In the three following treatments they increased the benadryl and decadron they gave me prior to initiating treatment which caused no side effects during the treatment but for 12-48 hours I have facial flushing, swelling of my hands and feet, headaches and trouble sleeping. I also have horrible heatburn and feel fatigued all the time. On the bright side my platelets are up and better than they have been in 6 weeks. The excellent medical care I have received helps also. All in all I would recommend it but only as a last resort.

Related Reading: cough | decadron

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 16

I have been receiving Rituxan by infusion for 6 months. This is my second round. I have been amazed at the wonderful results I have had with this medication. It was almost like being RA free! However, when it comes time to receive the infusion that's another story...I have a serum reaction and am extremely nauseated for at least one month. I take Ondestran (sp) for this, but it doesn't help that much. All in all I feel the days free of RA are so worth the hassle of nausea.

Cancer