Rituxan User Reviews

Rituxan - User Reviews

Rituxan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rituxan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bella, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 23

.with my first treatment my throat started itching and swelling.The nurse gave me benedryl and slowed the drip.Second infusion 2 weeks later went ok.About 5 days later I started feeling weak all over nausa terrible headaches ever day.My legs got so weak I felt like I would fall if I didn,t sit.Night sweats ,my joint pain got worse.My heartbeat was up.My doctor said I have serum sickness which is uncommon.I looked it up on line there isn,t much about it.My doctor put me on predsione,it is slowly getting better.I was hopping the rituxan would work i,ve tried orencia,humeria,plaquinel.My hair fell out for several months,I have Laten TB and have to take meds for 4 months now because my immune system is weak.I will be happy to just feel the way I did before the first treatment.

Related Reading: Night sweats

Comment from: R. Holcomb, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

Year 2000 macroglobulinemia diagnosis. Year 2003 surgery for ovarian cysts(benign) resulted in a 6-month bout with MRSA and vancomycin blood transfusions. 9months after clearing up MRSA and being released to my oncologist, I had 5300 IGM and 7.2 hemoglobing, and was down to 92 lb. from l35. Enter 4 weekly Rituxan treatments; within 2 weeks of last infusion, I woke feeling better...not long later IGM of 550, hemoglobin of around 12. This was early 2004. Today hemoglobin is under 9,IGM 2500,blood viscosity 2.0 I'm tired and experiencing some new complaints. Tomorrow I, if things go well, start a re=take of 4 Rituxan treatments. Wish I could tell how they'll turn out...or maybe I don't. Rita Holcomb

Related Reading: ovarian cysts | MRSA

Comment from: mkw, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 19

seems to work on ra but the side effects for me (fast poops, hard cough, sore throat,low fever, fatigue, dizziness lack of enthuisiam is almost worse than ra. almost. not sure what to do next. this can't keep on.

Related Reading: sore throat | dizziness

Comment from: girliergirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 17

In reply to an earlier question, I have had tingling and numbness also in my fingers and sharps needles downs my legs My Dr says it might be neuropathy I didnt go for the EMG cause i was scared, I just had the RITUXAN treatment today and it was very difficult for me it is my 3rd one and this time the reaction was very scary my throat swelled up my ears wouldnt stop itching they almost had to stop it but My nurse is excellent she is great she knew exactly how to give me the med, but my first dose it went well for apprx. 8 months then my 2nd one in March only lasted 3 months my RA is going very rapidly and they dont know why I've had it now for 5yrs but didnt discover it till 3yrs ago. I wk f/t typing for 8hrs and its very hard my fingers swell up and my hands are aching in pain. I feel that pretty soon work will be over I pray each day to help me get up and go. I have my days where I just sit and cry and cry cause the pain is unbearable, in the process now i have 2 herniated disk and 4mm erosion, my fingers are slightly showing signs which are my biggest fear, but all i can do is pray and take it day by day, For everyone out there that has this I pray for you cause I know the pain you endure and I know there are days that you can't get up but you have too. I cant even p/u my little one anymore and it hurts to tell to him honey I'm sorry but I cant carry you maybe Daddy can. Sometimes my husband misses work to stay home and take care of me and I feel so bad. So I say Stay strong be strong and keep going....smile and and take advantage of the things you can do today bcause tomorrow you will never know......God Bless.. :O)

Comment from: tweety1y, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I have been on this medication for about 2yrs. It has been the only medication that has releived my pain. Before the medication I couldn't hardly move my arms,hands or fingers.

Comment from: RDMax, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

With the first infusion, I saw results of less pain and stiffness within two weeks. I have gotten the second infusion and I feel better than I have in five years!! I have less pain and more mobility. The inflamation is almost gone. Unsure as to how long this improvement will last, but it is great so far!! Taking the Rituxan IV has been the best decision for me!!

Comment from: zoo2keepr, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 21

After the effectiveness of Enbrel started I tried Remicade with no luck. Rituxan has given me a new lease on life. I am able to do things I haven't done in years. 6 hours is a long time in a chair along with 2-3 days of fatigue, but it is worth every minute to feel good for 6 months.

Related Reading: Remicade