Rocephin User Reviews

Rocephin - User Reviews

Rocephin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rocephin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: send2jayce, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 02

I was also diagnoses about 3 years prior to Lyme with MS. I am GRAVELY allergic to Rocephin but was forced into the ICU for desinsitization to the drug since it was my only treatment option(allergic Penecillin too). So far desensitization seems successful, though initial 48 hours in ICU were a little rough. 2 weeks into another 4 weeks of treatment and the swollen Lyme arthritic knees are healing and I can walk again without tremendous pain. So far so good. Just wanted to share my apparent success with temporarily disarming my ROcephin allergy with my immunologist, and a fleet of doctors and nurses to get the treatment I needed desperately.

Related Reading: Rocephin | allergy

Comment from: boblori, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 20

My husband is in the hospital and is getting this every 24 hrs. I noticed on the 2nd day he has a horrible, raised, red rash. It's all over the upper part of his body (waist up) and on his head.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: a doctor and mother, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 15

it gave excellant effect and no side effects at all when given diluted over 200 cc saline but with the 9th day just after the injection my son eveloped rigors thenafter few hours red rash over his body followed after one day with calf muscles pain

Comment from: 7jacob7, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

I received an injection of rocephin on 7/22/10.Within 1 hour i was in severe pain in my thighs and arms. It was so bad i ended up in the emergency room. On sat.7/24/10 i was admitted to the hospital. They gave me iv vancomicyn which made things worse. It has now been 10 weeks and i am still in pain and have severe numbness in my right leg from my knee to my ankle, numbness in both arms and numbness above my left knee. My doctor swears it was not from rocephin but can't tell me what caused it. I haven't been able to work for ten weeks. Please Help.

Comment from: winterycolt, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 28

this drug can cause a reaction of nevousness, tingling, rage.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 07

This medication made me so sick. All I had was a UTI. They gave me this at the ER and I got dizziness, confusion, agitation, slurred speech, I thought I was going to have a seizure!

Related Reading: dizziness | seizure

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

Used medication for prostate infection it took 21 (1gram) shots to get results. Very in convenient with having to take shots, finally started to get better after treatment.

Comment from: Sisao, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 18

Used medication for prostate infection after a biopsy (in the hospital)it took 6 bags of 50 ml each to control the infection. No side effects, started to get better after the third bag treatment.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

had to have a daily infusion for 38 days

Comment from: 3 dogs 1 cat, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 18

I had been ill one month with an UTI. My doctor finally ran a second culture (at my insistance) and determined the infection needed to be treated with Rocephin. It worked I feel as if I have my life back. The only downside was I had to go into the drs. office everyday for ten days for an injection.

Comment from: Jeanine, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 11

This injection nearly killed my mother-in-law 3 days ago. After being injected she immediately became lightheaded and went into a seizure,and stopped breathing. Thank God she was at the doctors office! They were able to bring her back. It shot her heart rate up to 150 beats per min,her eyes were rolled up in head and she could barely breath! I thought for sure she was gonna die. She looked horrible and struggled for 5 hours before being able to get her breathing to her normal rate. She spent a day in ICU,and another day in the hospital. I would NOT recommend this medication to anyone. Her pharmacist told me that her son almost died from this medication too,and that it is known to cause allergic reactions in a high percentage of people.