Rocephin User Reviews

Rocephin - User Reviews

Rocephin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rocephin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: PJ, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 17

About two years ago I was diagnosed with Whipples Disease. This is a very rare disease which attacks various parts of your body causing joint pain, vomiting, diahrea, dry mouth, etc;. The prescribed dose was daily infusions to be administered at a hospital or clinic. I chose my local clinic and received daily treatment six times a week for a solid year.At first I was skeptical but after a few months I could see some results. I completed treatment earlier this year and I'm considered cured, although I still get tired very easily. Overall I'm very happy with the results.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Cat-in-the-Hat, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 08

This is the only med that has helped treat my Lyme. It is a bit hardcore to inject 3cc into each thigh everyday and to herx, but at least I know its working. I take the 2gram.

Comment from: Christyn36, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 31

I was on Rocephin IV x 1 month and went to the ER twice the first month for chest pain. They said it was related to the Lymes Disease. Five months later, I am still having the chest pain. I saw my family doctor several times. Finally I got referred to GI for an EGD. I come to find out the med caused me to get Gastric and duodenal ulcers :( The medicine worked but the side effects after teh fact still have me seeking medicaL treatment.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

Good

Comment from: infected1, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

This medication has helped me with many of my lyme symptons. I was unable to walk before treatment and am now walking.

Comment from: symptomatic again, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 19

spent 30 days on iv and lost 30 pounds within the following month 1/2 stayed in remission for 6 years and am about to go back on it again for bartonella since it was undiagnosed before and i have the same symptoms now and it kept it under wraps for so many years, it gave me absolutely no side effects whatsoever, it was easier than the oral antibio, it just costs more. not the drug itself but having the iv inserted and nurse f/u.

Comment from: Jake, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

I was sick for 2 weeks with a lower respiratory infection before I went to seemy doctor. He gave me a shot of Rocephin around noon and I was 100% better the next day. I had no side effects as mentioned by others on this site.

Comment from: snowflake, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

Immediate severe, instant, adverse reaction with burning of eyelids, lips, tongue, mouth, face, skin on arms, shoulders and stomach. I thought I would die, the feeling of burning was so bad. I felt dizzy, like I would pass out, and within 5 minutes I had to have a bowel movement. I was given an anti-histamine injection and the symptoms subsided after about 15 minutes. I would NEVER take this drug again!

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Comment from: JM, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

received Rocephin IV in hospital emergency care. Severe allergic reaction within two minutes of IV administration! Eyes swelled up, as did half my face. Throat started to swell, as well as hives. Ears and nose itching severe. Nurse took out IV, then administered a benedryl type drug thru IV! Breathing machines! A flurry of docs in & out! Terrible experience. 1 week now, eyelids still somewhat swollen!

Related Reading: hives | itching

Comment from: fisherman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

Inflamation and soreness in a cut in the gum was relatively unchanged; soreness persisted even though my chest was cleared of congestion that largely, was not a problem before the injection.