Roxicodone 15, 30 mg User Reviews

Roxicodone 15, 30 mg - User Reviews

Roxicodone 15, 30 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Roxicodone 15, 30 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: armyssg, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 10

Hello I used to be in the Army but had to retire due to debilitating pain suffered from a back injury. I went from civilian doctors to the ones at the VA hospital. Am I EVER glad I did that, because now I am getting the relief I need. I take 4 15 mg oxycodone 4 times a day, and I cannot believe how much more I can do with my life. I just wanted to say on here that there is a BIG difference between addiction and TOLERANCE. Yes we are ALL physically addicted because thats the way opiates work. Unfortunately, your body does become accustomed to the drug and you become physically addicted to the meds. But when you require more, it is NOT because you WANT more, but your body has built up a TOLERANCE to the drug, meaning you need more after a while for the drug to work as effectively as what you are used to. It DOES not mean you are an addict, just you need more to achieve the same effect. Don't feel bad people; we are not these raving addicts needing a fix, we need the drugs for the relief of our pain. No matter what anyone says about you, they have NO clue what you and I are going through. If you are taking the medications as prescribed, and have documented proof of your ailment, then you are a law abiding citizen and are doing NOTHING wrong. I have been called an addict more times than I can remember, because people are just so uneducated about pain meds and why people take them. You have NOTHING to be ashamed of. I am sure that like most of you, if there was a fix to our pain through surgery or other means, we would not need the meds, true? It's these idiots that abuse their medications that make those of us taking them for a valid reason, a drug "addict". Don't listen to them. You are taking them for the right reasons, and it is unfortunate that many doctors today will not prescribe pain medications out of fear their patients will abuse them. It is not fair to deny those that truly need them simply because the doctor had those types of patients!

Comment from: dan , 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 19

Hi, I'd like to start off by telling you I am 22 take this medication for chronic pain (8 herniated and 6 bulging discs from a car accident, football injuries, and working construction for 8 years). I am prescribed 30mg Oxycodone HCL 7x/day and it has been a lifesaver for me. It has changed my life and enabled me to go back to college and it has kept me from bedresting. It almost completely numbs out my pain and I'm not going to lie compared to hydromorphone (dilaudid) it gives me a feeling of euphoria to go with my pain relief. The only downside is the addiction potential that comes with taking the medication for chronic pain. I would only recommend it to people with chronic conditions and only if nothing else works. Side effects for me are constipation and nausea when I first started using the drug. If you are prescribed the drug or are thinking about asking your doctor for it to help with your chronic condition, make sure to get as much info on it as you can and do read the information paper that comes with the prescription at the pharmacy so you know what you are putting in your body. Just remember it is one of the strongest narcotics out there so make sure the benefits (helping you deal with your chronic pain) outweigh the risks (addiction and other health hazards). Good luck with keeping your pain tolerable and I hope this review helped.

Related Reading: chronic pain | dilaudid | constipation

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 08

I have used all the RX pain medications in the market (Opioid and non-opioid) and right now a combination of Oxycontin and Roxicodone has given my life back to me I'm 98% pain-free all day. I use the Roxicodone 30mg every 6 hours for breakthrough pain and it works in 20 minutes and you can feel its full effect in 1 hour and its a superb pain-killer, opioid analgesic; I use a lot oxycodone - Oxycontin and Roxicodone 240mg a day, so I do have side effects mild to moderate sedation and moderate constipation are my two main complaints but otherwise it's a Godsend. I was previously using Fentanyl Patches 75Micrograms and Oxycodone IR 30mg for breakthrough pain but I wasn't getting enough pain relief so my doctor switched me to Avinza and liquid morphine but had a lot of severe side effects and finally after trying 2 other medications I was put on Oxycontin & Roxicodone and that does the job(Pain Relief). Sometimes I do use a muscle relaxers like Soma, Valium, or Ativan (Lorazepam), (those three work best for me) together with the Oxycontin and Roxicodone and that adds more pain relief. So if everything fails I would strongly recommend the oxycodone in the form of Roxicodone alone or for severe pain Roxicodone with Oxycontin; just find a doctor that listens, cares, and will help you with your pain. Please take it as prescribed if its not working well or as desired tell your doctor! At first I was given small doses but after 4 months I was on the dose that I am on right now so be as patience with your doctor and with the medications. Give it a couple of weeks to work and make sure your at the appropriate dose for your pain level, liver/kidney function, age, and individual case. If your not happy with your pain level and/or your doctor keep looking for a different one never give up, eventually you'll find one that will help you! Never lose hope or give up. Good luck, God Bless and hope this helps.

Related Reading: Oxycontin | Roxicodone | Avinza

Comment from: jaeliza06@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

i have tried every drug there is and this drug by far worked the best for me

Chronic Pain/Back Pain