Rozerem User Reviews

Rozerem - User Reviews

Rozerem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rozerem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: KMI, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 11

I have had trouble falling asleep for about 3 years. I've tried absolutely everything on the market... Ambien, Lunesta. Trazodone, Halcion, supplemental Melotonin, and others to try to help my sleeping issues. The last sleep doc I went to said I need to try Rozerem. He said it might not work for me right away, and I had to come off my Ambien slowly (while taking the Rozerem). Apparently it's ok to take with all the other sleep meds, there's no contraindications. I took both Ambien and Rozerem for about 1 month (I was supposed to take less and less Ambien by shaving bigger and bigger pieces of the Ambien pill with a knife each week). At the end of the month, I was only taking the Rozerem once/night and was sleeping! My doc says it regulates my sleep cycle. All I know is that I fall asleep every night within 20 minutes and I have never felt so great in the morning!! I have been telling all my friends and family about this drug, and wish I could talk to any other insomniac to share my story! I know what it's like to not sleep for years, and this stuff works! I can see the other posts, and you have to take it with other sleep meds if you're currently on them, or it won't work. I'm a changed woman, and wish every other insomniac could have my experience! Sweet dreams :)

Related Reading: Ambien | Lunesta | Halcion

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

The first time I took Rozerum, I almost never took it again. I don't know if it was me or the medicine, but I think I woke up every hour on the hour. I fell back asleep quickly, but I still woke up. My doctor told me to try it for a few more days, so I did -- and I am very glad. It is funny that the commercials for Rozerum have that guy having bizarre dreams, because the only side effect I noted having was very detailed, very memorable, very bizarre dreams. Not, by any means, nightmares. Just really random stuff with a lot of detail. I'd tried Ambien and Ambien CR with mixed results (they made me sleep for like 10 hours at a time). Lunesta was a nightmare - literally. I had one of those "rare but serious side effects" in the form of unmitigated rage. If I had to pick one downside of rozerume, it is that it lets me sleep when I decide I want to sleep. If I want to sleep at 10:00 pm, this is a good thing. But I was so tired for so long (and so used to napping whenever I could possibly fall asleep for a few moments), that I let myself fall into the trap of sleeping too much and feeling sluggish. Once I realized that error, it was great.

Related Reading: nightmares | Ambien CR | sleep

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

One night,one pill and I knew Rozerem was not the right drug (sleep aid) for me. It DID NOT WORK at all. I felt only slightly drowzy and could not get to sleep. I believe that I had an adverse reaction to this drug. I became very restless and could not lie or sit still. I felt "jumpy" or "twichy" for hours. These symptoms (feelings) lasted for at least 6 hours. I had to take a medication (clonazepam or Klonopin) to counteract the adverse effects. I believe that I eventually fell asleep from exhaustion, not from the medication.

Related Reading: Rozerem | Klonopin

Comment from: cinder, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

Due to spouse med problems, could not seem to sleep. Have ben taking for approx 2 wks. I take a hot shower about 30 min before bed and then take this med and sleep a good 6-7 hrs, might wake up for a min and then fall back asleep. Works for me.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 25

I have had sleep problems all my adult life. I tried several other drugs but this was the first one continues to work after a week or more. It's still working well a year later. Good, sound, natural feeling sleep with no side effects.

Comment from: stayathomedadinIA, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

My difficulty lies NOT with initially falling asleep, but with getting back to sleep after awaking in the middle of the night to tend to kids, or needing to use the bathroom. Falling back to sleep will often take 3 to 4 hours. This problem has gradually developed in the last few years, when my wife and I started having kids. I am only on night 5 of this med, but it appears that I am having more difficulties with the med than without it. Night one was a normal night, I slept fairly well. However the next day I could not stay awake. I expected to take a 15 minute nap, 2 hours later I was fighting to wake up. Night 2 was aweful. The initial fall asleep time was 6 hours. That day I forced myself to not nap. Night 3 was OK, but I woke up an hour early. I had no problem staying awake the following day. Night 4 I woke up 3 times. The last time I could not get back to sleep and just layed in bed for hours. Once again I could hardly keep myself awake the next day. Night 5 I got to sleep OK, woke up at 4 am to pee. I'm not at all sure I ever got back to sleep. Got up at 7. Its now 9 and I am just plain tired. Without this drug I will have bad nights 1 to 3 times a week. It has been less than a week and so far I have had 3 bad nights. I will give it a couple more days before going back to my doctor, but I am not at all confident that this drug is helping...it actually appears to be hurting.